Frodo Has Failed Us!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Wow... :stick_out_tongue: I went to a couple stores last night to get in on the hobbit frenzy and see if they were giving away any free LOTR-related merchandise, but they weren't. Even though I already have the first two extended editions and will definitely be getting the third, last night I wound up getting the box set of theatrical editions, which was rather pricey. It's kinda silly I suppose, but I thought it might be worth it to have both editions, since they are different. :cool:
Erin

Manda:-D

Reaction score
We went & bought the theatrical release last night at midnight at Wal-Mart...No, we weren't the only ones there...Got a free magnet w/purchase of ther movie...

Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Wow... :stick_out_tongue: I went to a couple stores last night to get in on the hobbit frenzy and see if they were giving away any free LOTR-related merchandise, but they weren't. Even though I already have the first two extended editions and will definitely be getting the third, last night I wound up getting the box set of theatrical editions, which was rather pricey. It's kinda silly I suppose, but I thought it might be worth it to have both editions, since they are different. :cool:
Erin
You think that's something, Erin? We now have all 3 theatrical releases, I KNOW we're going to get ROTK EE, and we're probably going to get the boxed set, too, since it's got some extra stuff, I believe. Three different copies of the same movie...Is my family obsessive? I do believe we are.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
You think that's something, Erin? We now have all 3 theatrical releases, I KNOW we're going to get ROTK EE, and we're probably going to get the boxed set, too, since it's got some extra stuff, I believe. Three different copies of the same movie...Is my family obsessive? I do believe we are.
Does it? Grrr... I may have to get it too... :concern: :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Manda:-D

Reaction score
No, wait...My brother John says that's for the rumored 50th anniversairy edition...(50th anniversairy for the publishing of Fellowship, thankfully.) Apparently they're talking a/b releasing some kinmd of "extra-special' edition w/extra footage next year...Least, that's how the rumora go...Guess I got confused, there. Sorry to get your hopes up, Erin! My bad.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Ah, but it still does entail some upcoming super-cool edition. I'd like to have the really deluxe editions for the first two, and eventually the third, but it's the movie that's really important and I guess I can live without the extras. Still, they'd be cool to have. I especially love that Gollum statue... Wish I could just buy him separately!
Erin

Gloworm

Reaction score
I just thought I'd come in and say that I finished reading LOTR the other day.

jediX

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Ah, but it still does entail some upcoming super-cool edition. I'd like to have the really deluxe editions for the first two, and eventually the third, but it's the movie that's really important and I guess I can live without the extras. Still, they'd be cool to have. I especially love that Gollum statue... Wish I could just buy him separately!
Erin
The polystones are pretty neat but they have terrible durability. Gollum is pretty stable since he has a fairly large base, but the other day one of my Argonath fell over and his hand busted right off! I might as well just glue it back on...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Aw, that stinks. Yeah, I'd really like to get that Gollum one... I really wanted to buy the Sam and Bill statue, but they stopped making it. :frown: Maybe on eBay someday... Did anybody see the special LOTR edition of "Entertainment Weekly?" Really good. My friend gave it to me; I was over at her house to watch the American Idol finale and her brother said he saw Billy Boyd in a magazine :flirt: and I got all excited and asked where, and he told me about the LOTR magazine and asked her to give it to me, which she gladly did even though she just got it because she couldn't care less about LOTR. I soooooo want to go to New Zealand. And I think if PJ gets the rights to "The Hobbit," I'm going to fly to New Zealand and bang on his door until he lets me work on his movie! I'll even be his towel girl!!! :stick_out_tongue:
Erin