1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Frogs in the Glen

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by erracht, Jul 26, 2002.

1. erracht

erracht New Member

Does anyone remember Kermit singing a
    "Scottish Folk Song" where he says
    "I am proud to be one of the frogs in
    the glen" and this wee tam-wearing
    froggie agrees with him? A "chorus"
    is played on a bagpipe by a fat round
    frog, but it sounds more like muzak
    (I asked my dad why he had a guitar
    with three fingerboards! Since then
    I have taken up the pipes myself.)
    It had a dreamy background that made
    me fantasize. If I could listen to
    MP3, I'd hear it on the Sesame
    Street lyrics archive.
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

"Frogs in the Glen" is currently in the Muppet Central Radio rotation. If you have speakers or headphones on your PC you should be able to listen, 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  3. gymkatarules

gymkatarules New Member

I have the mp3 if you'd like it. I also have the guitar chords if you're interested. Just email me.

-Chris
  4. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

"The Frogs In the Glen" is still readily available on the commercially released Sesame Street CD album, Dreamytime Songs. As a fellow Muppet fan, I urge you to purchase it in support of Muppet products. It's still fairly easy to find in stores, but your best bet is the Amazon link.
  5. gymkatarules

gymkatarules New Member

That is a fantastic album. Yes. Buy it. I Don't Want To Live On The Moon and If I Were are worth the purchase price alone. You can find it for, like, $9.99 in most record stores.

-Chris
  6. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

How did this post get changed? I know I checked it in the preview mode before I submitted it. The Amazon link for this CD is as follows:
  7. Dude, I would LOVE the chords! Not for guitar, but for piano...I'd love to toy around with it. :)
  8. gymkatarules

gymkatarules New Member

Yeah, piano/guitar...it's all the same. I'll just post them here. They're about as accurate as I can muster. If anyone has any correction, lemme know.

Oh, and I'm very tired since it's four in the morning so I'm not going to put up the lyrics or where the chords are supposed to go. It's not too hard to figure out. I'm sorry. Maybe I'll put up a real one tomorrow.

The Frogs In The Glen

(means a chord implied by the melody)

intro: Eb (Ab)

verse: Eb Cm Ab Gm | Cm Gm Ab Bb |

Eb Cm Ab Gm | Cm Gm Bb Eb

bridge: Gm (D) Gm (D) | Gm (D) Gm F | Bb (F) | Bb (F) | Gm F | Bb

You get the idea. You can figure it out. Just listen to the song. You'll get it quickly enough.

I've been quietly working on a Muppet Musician's site where anyone can come and find chords with lyrics to Muppet, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, etc. songs. If anyone has any songs they've worked out to submit, I'd love to put them up once the site is done. I don't have the greatest amount of free time in the world, but if there's enough interest in it, I'll work a bit harder. =) Lemme know what you think.

-Chris
  9. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Although I don't play an instrument other than my voice and thus wouldn't understand a page about chords, I would love to see you go ahead with your site. More Muppet sites makes for a more diverse and flowered online Muppet community :)
  10. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

BTW, Robin has a non-speaking cameo in this song.