Frogtown Hollow's location

superboober

Reaction score
Do you suppose Emmett Otter's home town is on the U.S. or Canadian side of the border? Either side would seem to fit perfectly (or maybe it's even directly on the border itself). I'm guessing it's not that far from a major metropolitan city if Kermit can be biking to it (which I would think favors Canada, especially if it's in Ontario).

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Personally, I think it's deep South in the US. The accents remind me of that and the Frogtown Hollow makes me think of Louisana.

Blink

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
Personally, I think it's deep South in the US. The accents remind me of that and the Frogtown Hollow makes me think of Louisana.
I would have to agree with Infinity Sirius.

I have never met anyone from Ontario with those accents. I would say Southern States as well.

peachesncream

Reaction score
i think i will agree also but i'm also biased because i'm originally from new orleans.

Xerus

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:

Does it snow in the deep south like it did in Frogtown Hollow?

Blink

Reaction score
Xerus said:
Does it snow in the deep south like it did in Frogtown Hollow?
Yes, a very good point indeed!

superboober

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I'm now leaning toward somewhere along the Missouri-Illinois border, where Southern influences could still be found, but where it could still be a snowy December.