From Lounge Singer to Charm Bringer

P

Princeton

I had an epithany today: I realized that as much as I love writing TMS outlines, I have so much more to offer in the FFFA board. So, on that note, I love the concept of "character background" fanfics, so the next couple threads from me are going to be just those. This one is devoted to the life of Rowlf. As is customary, next post will begin the story. Hope you enjoy!

P.S. I can't guarantee that my fanfics will be as long as Lisa's or Bo's, so if y'all have any suggestions, criticisms, or things to add, I'll be all ears.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ooh! Another fan fic! Yea!!! I love Rowlf, he's such an underrated Muppet. My next fan fic is actually about Rowlf too, and I tell you that just so you don't think I'm stealing your idea Princeton. I won't be posting it for a couple of weeks though. In the meantime, I look forward to yours! :smile:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
:excited: :excited: :excited: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TWO ROWLF FANFICS????????

I AM SO IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was actually going to write one on Rowlf, but it somehow went on a tangent and started being about Kermit and Piggy. I hate it when they do that to me...

Beauregard

Reaction score
OOoH! I can't wait! It'll be very interesting to see Rowlf's history!!! And never fear if it isn't as long as ours, I was always afraid mine were too long anyway!!!

P

Princeton

Six-year-old Jeffy Brooks was walking down the country road that surrounded his house when he found a beat-up cardboard box propped up against a telephone pole. Being that curiosity is a necessity when a child is only six, Jeffy had to investigate. He excitedly scurried to the pole, not knowing if he would find a snake or spider or what have you. But Jeffy Brooks was brave for his age and wasted no time in gently scooping up the box and taking a look inside. Inside was a tiny brown puppy with big floppy ears and eyes that looked like tiny fried eggs. Then Jeffy noticed a wrinkled piece of paper tacked to the side of the box. The note said: "Please take care of little Rowlf. We love him, but times are hard and we have to give him up. So open up your heart to us and also to Rowlf as we leave this special pup for you to find. Thank you and enjoy Rowlf. We hope he brings as much joy to you as he did to us". With wide eyes and a big smile, Jeffy scooped up the box and ran home to show his parents.

More to come.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !
Ok, I'm hooked! Give me more! please! soon!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ohhhh, Rowlf as a puppy! So cute! I'm excited to see where this goes!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow! I love it!!!

Awesome!

Two Robin stories, two Sesame Stories, and soon two Rowlf stories! I think I shall burst!!!

P

Princeton

As soon as Jeffy came home, Mr. Brooks was very enthused with Jeffy's new playmate. Mrs. Brooks, on the other hand, wasn't happy at all. She was an animal lover and all, and she had great confidence in Jeffy, but altogether didn't think that Jeffy was ready for a dog. Jeffy, without saying a word, grabbed Rowlf and ran up to his room. While Jeffy was having a good cry, Rowlf was surveying Jeffy's room. There were pictures everywhere, of long-lost relatives and famous people, as well. But one picture in particular caught Rowlf's eye. To get a better look, Rowlf jumped up on Jeffy's dresser and cocked his head to one side to see if Jeffy saw it too. Jeffy finally stopped crying and saw what Rowlf was looking at. He explained: "Oh, that's my uncle, Hubert 'Ramblebug' Brooks. He's a big show-biz talent scout. Musically talented people are his speciality. But the only music-related thing in this house is our old piano in the living room downstairs." Just then, Mrs. Brooks called Jeffy down for supper.

As suppertime was winding down, the telephone rang. It was Uncle Hubert, calling to see if he could come down for supper later in the week. As Mrs. Brooks was talking this over with Mr. Brooks, Hubert interupted her: "Hold on there a minute, Thelma. What's that music I hear in the background?" Thelma replied "Oh, Jeffy found a dog in the steet today; Rowlf's his name. I think what you heard was Rowlf running across the piano." Hubert got very excited and said "Forget Thursday, Thelma. I'll be down tonight to pick the little fella up. I think I found my next big star!"

More to come.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<dances around the room>
That is so cool! More please!

I mean don't rush it or anything, make sure everything comes out the way you want it to, so you can get it all just right. But I love to nag, so... more, please!