From TVGuide: SS Adds New Female Muppet

Stulz

Reaction score
Entertainment News
by Matt Webb Mitovich

Sesame Street Adds New Female Muppet
For its 37th season, debuting Aug. 14, Sesame Street will introduce its first new female muppet in 13 years — Abba Cadabby, a pink "fairy-in-training" who knows just enough about magic to get herself into trouble, but not quite enough to get her out. Among the celebrities dropping by this season are Jamie Foxx, Matt Lauer, Amy Sedaris and Grey's Anatomy's T.R. Knight, while the kiddie show's spoofs will include "Law & Order: Special Letters Unit M," "Survivor: Musical Chairs" and "Outrageous Makeover: Home Edition," featuring Grover as Ty Pennington.

http://community.tvguide.com/forum.jspa?forumID=700000044
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I doubt she will become a regular on the street but I guess we will all find out August 14th!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Singing, like in that Bugs Bunny cartoon where he faced Count Bloodcount... Abba Caddaby... Hmmm-la-da-da-da-da hocus pocus.
Thanks for the update, though we've known about her for a while now and the speculation is she won't show until the tail end of the season. But since we haven't seen any of Season 37 yet, who really knows.
Thanks for the update though. Outrageous Makeover will be fun, but I'll be missing Kermit in the Ty Pennington role from his appearance this past April.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if she will interact with The Amazing Mumford. I hope she isn't a replacement for Mumford, or even a female Mumford. Still, maybe she and Mumford can sing a song together, finally giving Mumford a song on the show.

Also, she isn't the first new female muppet on Sesame Street in 13 years. Since 1993, there have been the introductions of Elizabeth, Pheobe, the other Monster Clubhouse girl (I can't remember her name), and Lulu. Of course, none of them lasted very long, but then again Abba Cadabby might not last very long, either.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You mean Phoebe and Google?
Don't think it'll be a female Mumford, the descript posted a couple of months ago said this would be a sort of little girl fairy.
Hope this helps.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I wonder if she will interact with The Amazing Mumford. I hope she isn't a replacement for Mumford, or even a female Mumford. Still, maybe she and Mumford can sing a song together, finally giving Mumford a song on the show.

Also, she isn't the first new female muppet on Sesame Street in 13 years. Since 1993, there have been the introductions of Elizabeth, Pheobe, the other Monster Clubhouse girl (I can't remember her name), and Lulu. Of course, none of them lasted very long, but then again Abba Cadabby might not last very long, either.
what about Zoe...shes hasn't really been around that long has she?

Dantagon

Reaction score
She has been around longer than 13 years I am pretty sure. I remember her when I was watching in grade school. Sure that was closer to 10 years than 13 for me at least. I am pretty sure she has been around for at least 13 regardless.

Drtooth

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:

Too true. That's the problem with Female characters. You can't give them big, gaping, wacky character flaws without being sexist or offensive on some level... at least unless you do it right. (which explains why many Dads like Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin, and Papa Bear from Berenstain Bears are idiots, and the mothers are much much smarter). I think that the woman that performed some of the later roles (I forget her name at the moment, she was on Broadway in Avenue Q) was talented, but just didn't have any good characters. Elizabeth with that cat was very annoying.

As for female fairies, therwe's only one fairy for me

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Dantagon said:
She has been around longer than 13 years I am pretty sure. I remember her when I was watching in grade school. Sure that was closer to 10 years than 13 for me at least. I am pretty sure she has been around for at least 13 regardless.
She came in the fall of 1993 at the beginning of season 25, you do the math.