Froud's Vampire Rabbits of Lucca

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Hi all,

I found this on YouTube:

In the Performance Area of Lucca Games this year we have raised the bar, not only realizing the best charity auction from the beginning of Lucca Games, the greatest number of artists and pieces created, but also creating and directing a animated video, thanks to the extraordinary talent of Fabio Sketch. The video, which was animated in After Effects, is the trailer of a fantasy film dedicated to the "Legend of the Vampire Rabbits of Lucca". Wendy Froud (sculptor on the Jim Henson classic films Labyrinth and Dark Crystal, and fabricator of master Yoda of Star Wars), supplied the base idea and realized of the characters in plasticine for animation. She was assisted in the production by her husband Brian Froud (Illustrator of the book Faeries and concept designer of Dark Crystal and Labyrinth), Alan Lee (production designer of the Lord of the Rings by Peter Jackson), Robert Gould (president of Imaginosis Transmedia Art Company), and digital coloring by Cosimo Lorenzo Pancini (colorist for Casterman and Humanoides Associes and creative director of Study KM Zero). Other members of the surely Oscar winning crew included Fabrizio Mazzotta (famous interpreter of Crusty the Clown and Eros di Pollon) and Cristina Poccardi, and the artistic supervision of George Baldessin. The result, a two minute of trailer (with nearly a minute of credits for the colossal efforts of this stellar team!), is the first experiment of a fully realized animated film at Lucca Games, Thanks to the talent and creativity of the artists brought together by the coordinator of Lucca Games Emanuele Vietina, as producer, together with Cosimo Lorenzo Pancini as executive producer. This was a very fun improvised joke, but it also demonstrates what of extraordinary work can be born from the coming together of creative artists, who are passionate about art and decide to have a good time!​
The video clip of this can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCd6bLvAOaQ

Laszlo

Reaction score
Well... it doesn't have the quality of the Froud's other works...
I guess this was thrown together VERY fast...

MarieIsabella

Reaction score
Froud & Other Artists Short Intro

Well... It is was done for merely just fun, that I can take it for that, but honestly I was exspecting something much better.:sympathy: