FS: WIDESCREEN Muppet Christmas Carol (Region 1)

Reaction score
Muppet Buddies:

Over a year ago I ran across several copies of The Muppet Christmas Carol DVD in Widescreen. I live in Chile and these discs were issued by Disney for their latino market and marked as regions 1 and 4. It looked legit, so of course, I had to buy a copy. Sure enough, the disc was a legal Disney release, but in glorious widescreen. My wife and I could enjoy all the Muppets in the correct theatrical framing! The only difference was that it was the theatrical cut, without the "When Love Is Gone" sequence. Also when inserting the disc you were given the option of menus were in english, spanish or portuguese.

I was able to locate a few more copies and sold them to members of this forum. (I don't remember who bought them, but if you're still around maybe you can confirm what I'm saying) Unfortunatly I had more requests than copies I could find. Well, today I was in our Jumbo (like a Wal-Mart) and found 5 copies! I snatched them up and want to offer them to you. First come, first served.

I can email you jpgs of the covers if you'd like, but they are legal, 2002 Disney issues with the same extras as our US fullscreen. They are unopened and shrink-wrapped. The audio is 5.1 in English, Spanish and Portueguese. The subtitles are in Spanish and Portuguese. It has the making of w/ Brian and the gang, the audio commentary, the gag reel and the christmas around the world.

South America is region 4 and all Disney releases here are always coded for 1 and 4, so that it will play in North and South America. Some people gave me a hard time about that last year and assumed it could only be a bootleg. But this is not so. This is a NTSC disc, not PAL.

Anyway, let me know if you are interested. I would like $25 plus $3 shipping. I can take paypal. Enjoy.

Scott Parker
parkersinchile@mac.com

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Ooooh! Mememememememememememememeeee! I wouldn't be able to pay for another week or so, but could you save one for me please?

I have great eBay feedback under the ID: miss_lucienda, my wife's ID I use for Muppets and 80's toys.

Please let me know if you'll be able to hold one for me.

Thank you!
Anthony :smile:

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
Ooooh! Mememememememememememememeeee! I wouldn't be able to pay for another week or so, but could you save one for me please?

I have great eBay feedback under the ID: miss_lucienda, my wife's ID I use for Muppets and 80's toys.

Please let me know if you'll be able to hold one for me.

Thank you!
Anthony :smile:
Anthony,

yes, I'll set one aside for you. Just email me whenever you have the money and we can work something out. Thanks.

Scott

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
YEAH-HOOOOOOOO!!!

Thanks so much man! I'll letcha know,

Anthony

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Is there a South American online store where you can buy it?

Reaction score
dlphntat said:
Please Please please? me too?
Okay. I have set one aside dlphntat. Please email me (parkersinchile@mac.com) and I can get it sent quickly. Thanks.

Boober_Gorg,
I have not seen it at any on-line stores. It's not even listed at Disneylatino.com, the official Disney store in South America. I checked Ultimatedisney.com and they also do not have any world wide widescreen versions listed. Makes me think this is a rare find. Lucky us! The market on bootlegs in Chile was cracked down on hard when it became part of the free trade agreement with the US. I never see bootlegs were we live, only legit products. I say this to assure you that it's a real Disney product. Let me know if you want one. Thanks.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hey Scott!

I got it today! Just finished watching it too.

Thanks so much! I'll leave great feedback in the Seller Feedback thread.

EVERYONE ELSE, it's SO COOL to see the "whole" movie! If Scott has any more available, POUNCE!

:smile:
Anthony

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
Hey Scott!

I got it today! Just finished watching it too.

Thanks so much! I'll leave great feedback in the Seller Feedback thread.

EVERYONE ELSE, it's SO COOL to see the "whole" movie! If Scott has any more available, POUNCE!

:smile:
Anthony
Thanks Anthony. I still have two copies if anyone is interested.

Scott