Full Body Muppets

unclematt

Reaction score
I was watching The Great Muppet Caper last night and realized that while Pops is driving the double decker bus it is some one in a full body pops suit driving. You can tell because he is way bigger than both Kermit and Piggy. I know that a full body Piggy was used for The Muppets Take Manhattan rollerskating scene. Are there any other times where a hand Muppet has been transformed into a full body muppet for a particular scene?

Tim

Reaction score
Piggy's dive into the pool from the "Miss Piggy" number in "Caper" was a suit..you can see the holes in her snout for the swimmer to see out of!

unclematt

Reaction score
Tim said:
Piggy's dive into the pool from the "Miss Piggy" number in "Caper" was a suit..you can see the holed in her snout to see out of!
Good call. I forgot about that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've read that in Follow That Bird, in wide shots of Ernie and Bert flying the airplane, a real plane was being operated by two men dressed in Ernie and Bert costumes. I've read that the storybook adaption of the movie has a close-up picture of the whole plane, with Ernie and Bert in it, and I've heard that if you look closely, you can see small holes in their eyes.

unclematt

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I've read that in Follow That Bird, in wide shots of Ernie and Bert flying the airplane, a real plane was being operated by two men dressed in Ernie and Bert costumes. I've read that the storybook adaption of the movie has a close-up picture of the whole plane, with Ernie and Bert in it, and I've heard that if you look closely, you can see small holes in their eyes.
Very intersting. Thank you.