Fun-4-All Update

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just got this email from Fun-4-All regarding the Sesame Street figures.

It said:

SESAME STREET
ACTION FIGURES

Over View:

Each Action figure is meticulously sculpted, comes with an action play feature, accessories, signature letter and 35th anniversary display base! Each piece stands 5-6’’ tall. These will be released 6/15-7/1.

Bert
Action Feature: press level on his back to make his right arm raise and point while simultaneously turning his head in aggravation!
Articulation: Neck, shoulders, wrists & legs
Accessories:
Bernise (his pigeon friend)
The letter "W"
Display base

Ernie
Action feature: press level on his back to make his left arm raise (so that he answers his banana phone)
Articulation: Neck, shoulders, wrists & legs
Accessories:
Banana
Rubber Ducky (he's the one....)
The letter "E"
Display Base

Cookie Monster
Action feature: press level on his back to make his right arm raise and his head turns to the right, so that he eats his cookie
Articulation: Neck, shoulders & legs
Accessories:
2 Chocolate Chip Cookies
Plate of cookies
The letter "C" (is for cookie, it's good enough for me)
Display Base

Oscar the Grouch
Action feature: press level on his back of his can to make him pop out
Articulation: Head turns
Accessories:
Comes in garbage can (can not be taken out) with hinged lid and "Slimey" his worm friend
The letter "O"

Super Grover
Action Play Feature: Super Bendable Arms
Articulation: Head, legs and arms
Accessories:
Real fabric cape
Removable Super Grover Helmet
The letter "G"
Display Base

They also included a picture of all of the revised pictures with their letters and Rubber Duckie and Bernice, but I cannot figure out how to post the picture. Can somebody help me out?

Ryan

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, but these sound incredibly lame.

Erine81981

Reaction score
They sound fine to me. I'll have to see them and all I really don't care because I've always wanted AF of Sesame Street characters. So what everyone else says I'm buying them. SO :stick_out_tongue: !!!

WiGgY

Reaction score
Levers in their backs? That is crap. Now I will NOT get Cookie. I'm still on board with Grover though.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Floydnjanicefan, could you clear up something? The main doubt I have concerns the release date of these figures, you say it'll be June 15th 2007/1. What exactly does that mean? Can't be in the year 2001 cause we're already in the year 2004. And though the "7/1" could refer to July 1st 2004 given the nature of delays in release schedules and shelf stocking at the actual retailers, for now I'd believe June 15th as the genuine release date for these figures. Just asking cause I wanna know if there's some hope for Palisades to get the license around Sesame's 40th Anniversary or if the license would still be mired in the contract with Fun-4-All.
Thanks and have a good weekend.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Count,
The descriptions of the figures was actually a quote from the email Fun-4-All sent me, but I am pretty sure that it means that the figures will be in stores sometime between June 15 - July 1 this year. (6/15 - 7/1).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clearup pal. Man, my worries are now confirmed regarding these figs. Still want to see the finished product, but I hope that we only see the two series proposed and it doesn't go any farther than that. That way the company will know that the consumers aren't happy with the figures because of the treatment the company itself gave the figures, and not because of the figures/merchandise itself.
Hope this helps and have a good day.