Funniest Ernie & Bert moments!

Splurge

Reaction score
sixdollarman said:
Another good one is where The Count sleeps over and counts sheep all night keeping Ernie awake. In the morning both Bert and The Count were both wide awake and Ernie enters in a zombie state mumbling, "43,891 ... 43,892 ... 43,893 ..." and then faints on the floor. Actually, that segment really scared me as a child because of the way Ernie's eye's were. Luckily, I can laugh at it now.
I got scared by that skit too, but the eyes didn't freak me out nearly as much as Ernie's off-screen wail and faint when the Count asked Bert the fatal question, "Could I sleep over again tonight, Bert?" Good time to turn the volume down. In hindsight, maybe because the Henson yell was so un-Ernie like.

Of course, I got used to it and grew to like it.

The one skit I always found particularly funny is when Ernie wants to ask Bert a question, but decides to wait until he's through reading his newspaper. But everything he does disturbs him anyway. My favorite part is Ernie's quiet singing/skatting which turns out to be very loud.

And what was the question? "Bert, can I borrow your newspaper?"

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Nickrj said:
What about the one where Ernie breaks the cookie jar and Bert ends up wearing a pot on his head? That one's hilarious. I'd like to get that clip as well
I remember I had a picture book of that skit when I was younger, and they took the whole concept to an extreme in the book version. I remember it involved a Kangaroo and some other wacky stuff that wasn't in the skit on TV.

Soul H

Reaction score
Does that even rhyme?

drmusic_99 said:
All right, since no one else is replying to this thread... I'll point out what I would call the single funniest Bert and Ernie moment: The Rhyming Game

Bert: "Hippopotamus!"
(a few beats go by)
Ernie: "Uh, riptocodapus."
Bert: (restrained scream)