"Fur" and "Frazzle"

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Was watching these on "Monster Hits" and realized they use the same three backup monsters and each uses a (presumably) new monster as well.

Were these sketches taped at the same time? If so, anyone know when they were taped?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your question Dave. But I do remember both those songs. In fact both of them were included on the Sesame Street Monsters Album. I never knew the same back up monsters were used in them though. I was probably too young to notice.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
It looks like the same year too me. Especially with the same Background singers.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
And the same ones were used in "I Want a Monster to Be My Friend".

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
That's amazing because that track was also on the Sesame Street Monsters Album

Cookie fan

Reaction score
There were definite similarites between the background monsters used in "Fur" and "Frazzle"- The lead singer for Frazzle was a bit modified - in fact he sounded like Chris Cerf and looked like the muppet Chrissy (I think that was his name). I trying to remember if the muppet Maurice (the light blue one in Frazzle) was used in both songs.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
I didn't know that. I've heard the track but I'm not sure if I've ever seen it.

Cookie fan said:
There were definite similarites between the background monsters used in "Fur" and "Frazzle"- The lead singer for Frazzle was a bit modified - in fact he sounded like Chris Cerf and looked like the muppet Chrissy (I think that was his name). I trying to remember if the muppet Maurice (the light blue one in Frazzle) was used in both songs.
He was.

I couldn't remember Chris Cerf's name or Little Chrissy & the Alphabeats until you mentioned it. The dark blue monster, I discovered, is the same in both- if you look closely, you can see that the two teeth are in the same spot and that behind the sunglasses the monster wears in "Frazzle" are the eyes just like the ones on the puppet in "Fur".

Anyone else notice that the light purple monster in "Fur" is actually an Anything Muppet? Not only does he have bare hands and jaw, watch when he turns around- you can see his bare puppet back. They seemed to fix that by the taping of "Frazzle" though.

When did Chris Cerf join SS? When did the SS Monsters album come out?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
When did Chris Cerf join SS?
Chris joined in 1973 (I read that his first project was "Count It Higher").

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Wow, so these must've been pretty early, circa '73-'75 (I would've guessed late 70s, don't know why). I didn't realize that SS developed that quickly, having never seen any of the episodes from before I was born ('82). But, considering how TMS developed in five years, I shouldn't be surprised.