Futurama Fans

Lu775

Reaction score
From http://www.comicscontinuum.com:

The season premiere of Futurama will air on Fox on Sunday, Nov. 10. The episode, "Crimes of the Heart," guest-stars former vice-president Al Gore as his own head in a preserved jar.

Gee, and I thought everyone was complaining that Futurama was cancelled? guess not

Drtooth

Reaction score
Lu, it looks like you didn't understand what they meant by cancelled. They never could put on enough episodes because of the $%^& Football games going into over overtime! They only show about a half a season every season, so they had more episodes to air, dispite. It's such a shame we'll lose characters like Bender, Zoidberg, and Lurrr of Omachron Persia 8!

THESE CANDIES ARE CHALKY AND UNPLEASENT!

THIS CONCEPT OF WUV CONFUSES AND INFURIATES US!!!

Classic lines!

GWGumby

Reaction score
It hasn't been technically cancelled. However, no more episodes have been ordered. Because of sporting events and a few other situations, Fox only broadcasts about half a season worth of Futurama episodes each year. Since they had enough episodes in the can to last them for a few seasons, they didn't bother ordering any more, which essentially was the same as cancelling the show.

Fox is still airing new episodes, however by the time they run out of episodes enough time will have gone by that it will be nearly impossible to assemble the same production team should they suddenly want more episodes, which is unlikely. Futurama is definitely a cult hit, but only a mediocre ratings grabber.

Thog

Reaction score
Yup, it will be starting in December.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I like Futurama.

I miss Futurama.

I resent FOX for the way it doesn't give shows a chance to grow.

It makes me worry about a New Muppet Show on FOX.

The End.

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

Drtooth

Reaction score
A new episode was on Sunday the 10th, but not next week.

I wonder... Could the fan base of Futurama make reruns a hit? Could the reruns become increasingly popular?

History could repeat itself, and the reruns will be rerun over and over. Look at the Jetsons. Not as good as the Flintstones, but still great. It bombed in primetime, and suceeded on Saturday morning reruns. Futurama may be tto the Jetsons as Simpsons is to the Flintstones.

I hear that Matt Groening once planned a spinnoff of the Simpsons in which Homer was a teen, but it was rejected.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
I like Futurama. I miss Futurama.
I have a whole lot of episodes of that show in case you'd wanna trade, 'cause I'm missing some. Or do you also tape it regularly like I do? Email me if interested.