Gaffer the Cat on CATS?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
JFS, love your new avitar. Definitely my favourite one you've had over the festive season!!
Thanks Tutter,do you mean this one? I kinda like it too.Very hard to find nice NYE avatars/pics online.Miss ya buddy.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Good ol' Gaffer did make a quick appearance in The Great Muppet Caper during the "Happiness Hotel" song. I'm not a cat guy, but I like Gaffer. Maybe it's the eyepatch.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
That was, for a fact, from an issue of Muppet Magazine from the early 80s. The article wasn't specifically about the musical Cats, however, but about the head makeup artist for the show, who's featured applying makeup to the actress with Gaffer on her lap. I recall it was a very cool Halloween issue, which is why they interviewed a makeup artist. That sure was a nice picture. I wish they would have done more with Gaffer back in the day. And since he (or she?) never actually talked, they could easily bring him back with any puppeteer (though Kathy Mullen, the original puppeteer of Gaffer, was extremely talented and ideally would be brought back to reprise the role). Oh well. I guess we'll always have video taped or DVD footage of the Muppet Show's "The Cat Came Back" number to remember gaffer by.