Gathering Cantus-y Wisdom

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey guys! I have an important and maybe slightly life-changing Job Interview next week...I'm still trying to work out a time that both me and the manager are available, and I'm letting myself get all worried about it...Which I know I shouldn't, since it's not really in my hands at all.

Anyway! I thought I'd watch a little Fraggle Rock to calm my nerves (much like a cup of tea, but with more singing), and Cantus's words are already helping a great deal! He's on about Minstrels, and hearing the Ping...and is it the right Ping...and are you the right you for the thing that is which is not...Or something like that. It's helping a lot!

Hehe. Thought I'd share!

Mokey: And if I fail? What happens then?
Cantus: Nothing.

*grins* I'm hanging onto that, for now! Even if I mess the interview up...well, I won't have lost anything I didn't not have in the first place...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yeah, you can only gain.

Funny, I thought this was like a "make your own Cantus-like statements" or something :stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My advice would be to remember that the person interviewing you could possibly be just as nervous as you are. Not all interviewers are skilled at the art. They're often thrown into the role due to circumstances of their position. So when you sit down with them, conduct yourself as a respectful equal human being while open to their constructive comments that come from experience. Peoples is peoples. :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yeah, you can only gain.

Funny, I thought this was like a "make your own Cantus-like statements" or something :stick_out_tongue:
From that we could learn much, but would it truly be anything we did not know all along?:coy::excited:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hey Beau - some great advice I received one time is that the interview is as much for you to interview them as it is them to interview you - therefore, try to think of at least one or two questions you can ask them, it makes you appear much more interested in the job and company than if you sit there and say "no questions" if they ask you if you have any. Did that make sense? I don't know, it's early here.