General opinion of Muppets Tonight

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
MWoO said:
Still, a new show NEEDS Kermit as a host and NEEDS Fozzie and Kermit's friendship and NEEDS Piggy and Kermit to interact. On MT Piggy and Kermit and Piggy never interacted. Not even once I think.
Actually, Kermit and Piggy interacted a few times on MT. Remember the first episode where Clifford accidentally got Miss Piggy and Michelle Pfifer as guest stars? Kermit said a few words to her. There was also an ep where Kermit and Piggy were seen in some kind of parody of "American Bandstand."

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Malachy said:
Yes, most of them have the Disney logo at the bottom. You probably got the ones from #TheMuppetArchive, which rips all theirs from the syndicated versions on the Disney channel.
Actually, I got mine from another source. I don't download stuff because I have an extremely slow connection and would also rather better quality than internet stuff. :smile:

MWoO

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Actually, Kermit and Piggy interacted a few times on MT. Remember the first episode where Clifford accidentally got Miss Piggy and Michelle Pfifer as guest stars? Kermit said a few words to her. There was also an ep where Kermit and Piggy were seen in some kind of parody of "American Bandstand."
That's not really interating though. It was like they didn't even know each other.

It reminded me of Tiny Toons. All new characters based on older characters with the older characters making cameos.

HPDJ

Reaction score
I think MT was ruined by Clifford replacing Kermit and my arch-enemy... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: !!! It was weak.

I hope the new Muppet show is better!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
MWoO said:
That's not really interating though. It was like they didn't even know each other.

It reminded me of Tiny Toons. All new characters based on older characters with the older characters making cameos.
I guess I see what you mean. It would have been better if we saw Piggy pursue Kermit like she did on "The Muppet Show." I guess Piggy's appearances were limited due to Frank's retirement. If they made a new Muppet Show now with Eric performing Piggy, I'm sure she'll get more airtime and we'll see more of the Piggy/Kermit relationship. Food for thought.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I really like Muppets Tonight. One of the things I liked was that is was not a rehash of The Muppet Show and did not become "the Muppet Show season 6 (but in a tv station instead of a theater)". There were new characters, new relationships, new things to explore. Sadly the show was just hitting its stride and "finding itself" when it was cancled - I think the Johnny goes home episode was a great direction for the show, but sadly it came too late to save the show for a third season. Muppets Tonight has a special place in my heart and I hope Disney releases all 22 episodes on DVD some day. It brought a new generation of fans to the Muppets (or back to the Muppets) and brought some great characters (and performers ) forward in the Muppet ranks (Cliford, Pépe, Johnny, Sal, Dr Phil, Bobo). Its hard to beat the Muppet Show, but Muppets Tonight was (in my opinion) equally as great, but sadly many people did not take to change and wanted it to be exactly like (or at least more like) the original (ie: Kermit host, more old characters, less new characters, ect.) It suffered from being The Muppet Show's little brother, and by the time it became something that people excepted and enjoyed it had moved time slots, moved networks, lost viewers, and then got cancled. I still love it, and it will always have a special place in my heart.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another factor is that 3 minutes were cut from the US season 1 episodes and 4 minutes were cut from the US season 2 episodes. Especially in the case of season 2, this made a difference in how many of the plots unfolded.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I've never seen Muppets Tonight! but I'd love to. A lot of my favorite characters are from Muppets Tonight!, such as Johhny and Sal, Pepe, Bobo, and to an extent Dr. Phil Van Neuter.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Not that we're biased, but "Muppets Tonight" is great. We all love Bobo, and Johnny Fiama (possibly Fiamma) and Sal (Minella- ha ha), and Pepe and Seymour, and even Garth Brooks!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Definately love Johnny Fiama, myself. I can't keep my eyes off of his eyebrows. I know that sounds weird, but just watch his eyebrows next time you see a clip of him. They're crazy!