Genesis Counting Cafe game info

Drtooth

Reaction score
I found a working rom... or rather an emulator that it actually works with for this game, and I'm in the process of playing it for research sake. As this is a rare game (I never heard of it up until several years ago), there isn't a lot of info on it. So if anyone in Muppet Wiki is out there, please take note. And screen caps will be provided upon request.

There are 5 stages of each day, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert. Food items include Burgers, Oranges, Eggs, Steak, Apples, Cookies and Pie slices. Cookie Monster is in the back room, in case you make a mistake, to eat all the food off your tray. For every right order, you get a star, and 5 stars wins the level. The the end of every level, a monkey steals your last star, and you have to catch him.

Here's where it gets interesting. As the game progresses, other characters pop in and hinder your order by tossing food at your tray. So far, I found Ernie, Bert, Snuffy, Elmo, Hoots, and even Farley. More info as I go further.

Drtooth

Reaction score
More characters

some of these were a real surprise.

I might as well tell you what each character does...

There are characters that add food items:

• Ernie- throws items out of a large paper bag
  • Bert- hits food with a golf ball
  • Farley- tosses stuff with a frying pan
  • Hoots- Blows food out of his saxophone

Characters that take food away
  • Elmo- grabs items
  • Snuffy- also grabs items, but with his trubk from a window
  • Betty Lou- knocks food out of tray with a yo-yo
  • Oscar- fishes food off your tray
  • Forgetful Jones- Lassos food off your plate

characters that change food items
  • Amazing Mumford- guess
  • SAM the machine- confuses orders, switching your food

And Little Bird who carries you to other levels. Boy... this game sure has some rare characters in it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know that Muppet Wiki does have a page for the game. I've seen a video somewhere of somebody playing and reviewing the game (can't remember who it was, but it wasn't the angry video game nerd or irate gamer).