Genius Products and Sesame Workshop Announce Distribution/Co-Production Agreement

anytimepally

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
By saying "The co-production aspects will undoubtedly focus mainly on new productions rather than producing DVDs of ood ones...", are you saying that you think that most of the newer DVDs will be mostly new material, as opposed to having inserts included with a newly-produced linking plot? It seems to me like a lot of the most recent DVD releases from Sony were 100% new material (though I have only seen a handful of releases from the last three years).
not exactly.. it could very well be a combo of new material and newly-produced plot-linked inserts.. now that I read what I wrote, I realize I wasn't very clear.. what I meant was that the new deal shouldn't affect any of the DVD plans Sesame Workshop already had in development before the deal was made.. there's no guarentee that I'm right on this, of course, or that the Old School Volume 2 was already in some stage of production, but I doubt they would just toss aside projects they've already invested copious amounts of time and money in.. that's bad business

and, in any case, if Volume 1 sold well, they'd be crazy not to continue the series.. and if it didn't, they probably wouldn't do a Volume 2 anyway