1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Genuine Muppet Performers Autographs Set including Jim Henson

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by markit, Jul 1, 2011.

1. River8883

River8883 New Member

I have 'The Art Of The Muppets' signed by Kermit as well! Looks almost exactly the same as yours. I found my copy at a used bookstore - and in the pages, there is a letter, on Muppet letterhead, saying:
    "It is our pleasure to send you the enclosed, in response to your auction request. We hope that it provides support for your very worthwhile undertaking, and we wish you well with your charitable endeavor. With kind regards, Ellen F. Wagner, Jim Henson Productions"
    I'm assuming this is signed by Jim Henson - considering the book is a first edition from 1980, and Steve Whitmire didn't start playing Kermit until 1992.
    But yes - I am curious as well - does anyone on here know if this is Jim's signature as Kermit?

2. Interesting! I hope we both find out!

3. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

Oh, you are so lucky to have something as neat as this. I wish that I did.:sigh:

4. Dustin Rouse

Dustin Rouse New Member

I have an original autographed contract of Jim Henson, dated 1970. A portion of the contract has been cut off, and put into a matted display below Jim Henson's picture. The rest of the contract I have in my possession. It is signed by both Jim Henson and Jerry Juhl.
    If anyone is interested in this piece, I am selling it for $2,000 (this includes the matted display along with the whole original contract).