George Washington High School

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Something just now occured to me about KSY.

Clearly, it's supposed to be a period piece, from Kermit's childhood, and it's pretty evident throughout much of the film... but then, when we get to George Washington High School, it pretty much looks like a modern-day high school, most things considered... the kids have backpacks, some of which that roll (even rolling backpacks were new at one point when I was a kid), and the students definitely have modern text books, as opposed to those that look like little hardback novels, the school also seems to be intergrated (weren't they still segregated in the 50s?)... and was there seriously pimple cream in the 50s?

Again, this is something that just now occured to me.

Hubert

Reaction score
Wow, that's a pretty interesting thought. It's been so long since I've watched KSY (I tend to avoid it when possible), that I can't remember everything, but I kinda see what you mean. I might have to watch it again and check things out under that mindset.

Vincent L

Reaction score
Maybe it means Kermit isn't as old as we think he is.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But it doesn't make sense that everything else in the movie is dated: the houses, the businesses, the vehicles, the movie theater, Wilson's Pet Shop, etc... then George Washington High looks like a modern-day high school.

Actually, I just remembered another anachronism: when Blotch starts beating up Goggles, and Wilson sees them, he remarks, "You guys should be on the nature channel!" I'm pretty sure there was "Nature Channel" back then, let alone any channel other than ABC, NBC, and CBS.