Gertrude McFuzz!

Toasty

Reaction score
Looks great! One suggestion... cut the eye pupil shape out of a piece of black felt (or black vinyl, or something similar) and glue it over the drawn-on pupil you have there. This will give your eye much more contrast against the white, it won't look gray like it does now, and you'll achieve a much stronger puppet eye focus when performing.

Keep up the great work.

SesameKermie

Reaction score
Maybe this is a stupid question, but she looks like a Seuss character. Was he part of the inspiration?

Jinx

Reaction score
Gertruse McFuzz is, in fact, a Seuss character.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Looks great! One suggestion... cut the eye pupil shape out of a piece of black felt (or black vinyl, or something similar) and glue it over the drawn-on pupil you have there. This will give your eye much more contrast against the white, it won't look gray like it does now, and you'll achieve a much stronger puppet eye focus when performing.

Keep up the great work.
Thanks! I have done that once before, with my Little Kangaroo puppet that I made for Seussical. I almost did that for this one too, but I sort of wanted to draw this on. :smile:

Maybe this is a stupid question, but she looks like a Seuss character. Was he part of the inspiration?
Gertruse McFuzz is, in fact, a Seuss character.
Yeah, she's one of the "other stories" from "Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories". She's also a main character in Seussical the Musical.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yertle_the_Turtle_and_Other_Stories

I tried to make the puppet in the white, blue and green color scheme of the book (like I did with the Elephant-Bird).

looks great!
Thank you! :big_grin:

Oh, and I might make a video of her and Morton and put it on YouTube soon! I'll reply to this again whenever I do.