Ghostbusters 3 and Indie 4.. .closer than you think

Drtooth

Reaction score
Of all the weird random movie sequals coming back (I still need to see Rocky 6... now I have to wait for it on DVD) here are the two most speculated.

Aykroyd was interviewed on the radio and talks about GB:Hellbent. It sounds like it actually will happen. Murray is aboard, but only if they do it CGI. Here's a link CLICK HERE click on part 2 of the radio interview. If you use this, call me "Liverstealer."

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31441
And as for Indie 4... Well, I don't have the link, but I read a blurb in the paper that George Lucas actually set a date for the film's release. It's in May of Next year and Speilberg will direct.

And if that weren't enough...

www.filmrot.com EXCLUSIVE:

Jaws 5 going direct to DVD.

Universal Home Entertainment are prepping a fifth JAWS movie as one of their direct-to-dvd premieres. The studio wants to go head to head with Warner's DEEP BLUE SEA 2, which is also going direct to dvd, and also centres on killer sharks. One idea that has been suggested to the studio for JAWS 5 is that they completely forget about what happened in JAWS 3 and JAWS 4 and again have Roy Scheider's character, Brody, returning to do battle. Since Scheider isn't keen on doing any more JAWS film, it'll take some tough negotiations. At present, the only returning element of the series is..... yep, you guessed it, John Williams' iconic music score.
Maybe you`ve already seen this.......I hope it`s just a rumor and nothing more.

Do I want "Gremlins 3"? Yes.

Do I want "Gremlins 3" going STV with no involvement from Joe Dante, and all CGI creatures? NO.

Do I want "Goonies 2"? Yes.

Do I want "Goonies 2" going STV and (I`m assuming) having nothing to do with the original? NO.

Maybe you & your people can do some snooping around and find out if this 'news' is legit or not?

Thanks Harry!
-Christian Liller
Now, I don't know how much of any of this is true, but the 3 direct to DVD films seem like a possibility since every random film is making a Disney-esque direct to video cheapqual.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Wow, GB 3 would be wonderful, but what do they mean all CG? The ghosts?

Indie 4 was announced officially (again) about a month or so again. However, despite the fact that Harrison says he's in good shape to do the part, I'm a bit skeptical. I mean, I believe in movie magic and make-up, but he's not aging well IMO.

Goonies 2 might be a dream come true, but that fell through a while ago. Unfortunately, so did the proposed animated series. Now that would have been spectacular!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I heard that Ghostbusters 3 would be ALL cgi and Akroyd and Murray would do the voices. I'd like to see a combination of live actors and cgi.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I like the idea of a new ghostbusters, but I dont want it to be all CGI! It takes away from the first 2. *sniff* Are live action movies becoming extinct, being replaced by cgi too now?

dontdoitagain

Reaction score
I hope there isnt a new Goonies film, it would ruin the memory...and no Jaws 5 either, the last couple were bad enough.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was saying a LONG time ago that GB3 should be animated since Bill wouldn't do the film in costume. To know they're going to do it CGI would be gravy for me, because HOPEFULLY they'll keep the looks of all the actors.

Bring it on!

Still, I wish the story were a LITTLE different. As I understood the script for GB3 a long time ago it was the premise "What happens when #3LL fills up?" I liked it better than the GBs going there. Now, it's going to seem more like a Real Ghostbusters episode than a Ghostbusters movie.

But, I'm stoked. I'll go watch it and obviously buy the merchandise.

Luke

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Now, it's going to seem more like a Real Ghostbusters episode than a Ghostbusters movie.
That would be the reason i would have preferred this to have been live action, i never thought the cartoons were quite the same as the films - they were good though. It's a shame Bill won't do the film in costume, they should make him retired or in jail, or mayor, or have him on the ghosts side. I dunno, in the film but not in costume.

MWoO

Reaction score
Frankly at this point it wouldh ave to be CGI. The guys are OLD. I don't want to see old Ghostbusters. I would hope they do something awsome and make it using realistic CGI and motion capture, but I also heard that it would be cartoon like which would be bad to me. I mean, it owuld be good, but it wuldn't be ghostbusters 3 to me.