Ghostbusters 3 and Indie 4.. .closer than you think

Luke

Reaction score
Couldn't they have younger guys doing the Ghostbustin, like twenty years on and its some billion dollar corportation or something. There's so much they can do with it, they shouldn't CGI it (other than the ghosts).

travellingpat

Reaction score
Alright Guys if Sly Stallone (60+ years) can do rocky 6...the ghostbusters (only about 50+) can do ghostbusters 3...i would love to see it personally

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
A Ghostbusters 3 as a cgi movie? Why, why, why, why, why???? Just leave the Ghostbusters to rest. Both movies were great, as well as the Real Ghostbusters cartoon series and the Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon series.

Instead of making another movie, which is still questionable, the powers at be need to bring both cartoon series to dvd.

As for Jaws 5, well, like I said above, why, why, why, why, why???? Having another Jaws movie is like having another Jurassic Park movie. We all know the shark is going to kill people in the water, like the dinosaures killing people when they get to the dino's island in the Jurassic Park movies.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I just thought of something:
Instead of making a Goonies 2, what if they did a prequel with One Eyed Willy? When Mikey first discover's Willy's chambers, he says that Willy was "the first Goonie". Thanks to the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, the whole pirate genre's back "in". I think a story about how Willy got the gold, commandeered his fleet (answer what happened with the "millions" of boats Mikey spoke of in the legend), booby-trapped the caves would be perfect, and there'd be little fear with purists who think a second movie might hurt the magic of the first film.

For fun, at the very end of the flick, you would see the outside of the caves and whatnot and watch a la "Gangs of New York" the landscape change through time. Then maybe just before all goes black and the credits role; you see the back of the Goonies step into frame, an honorable nod toward the first film where they're just about to head to the restaurant.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I will say one thing. I really wouldn't call Ghostbusters #3llbent GB3... more like how that animated #3llboy movie isn't considered HB2. I second the CGI is the way to go, since they aren't as spry as they used to be, especially Harold Ramis.

I would rather a CGI film with all the original available actors doing the voices (Ernie Hudson would probably jump on this, I've heard he's at GB conventions and isn't ashamed of it) than having them A) recast the Ghostbusters with different actors, or B ) have the film like a live action Extreme Ghostbusters with the older guys serving as the teachers to the next generation (though it does seem like a good idea). Besides, we already HAD a GB3... it was called "Evolution!"

BTW, anyone else upset that Columbia/Sony has only 3 The Real Ghostbusters DVD's and Filmation juist announced this
and this?

Really wish they would have kept the original title of "Ghost Smashers" instead.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'll buy those sets, too.

CGI is a good idea, but I agree that it shouldn't be called GB3.