Giving It Up

Frogster

Reaction score
I'm a Catholic, and for Lent season, I'm doing the impossible... I'm giving up watching Fraggle Rock and listening to Fraggle Rock music. It's going to be hard, but I think I can do it. I have 81 episodes, and almost every night, I watch at least two to wind down for the evening... but not anymore. From now until Easter, I won't be seeing Gobo get a postcard, Mokey read a poem, Boober cooking, Red playing games, and Wembley... well, wembeling. This morning, I was already feeling the urge to watch The Honk of Honks! And it's a long ways until Easter... but I'll get there! :smirk:

CrochetinMokey

Reaction score
Oh, my, that will be hard. Too hard. I'm going to give up meat an additional day and give up snacking. Trying to get through nursing school Fraggle Rock is one of my refuges - you are brave.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow, that's really hard, but a great idea. I'm Catholic too and hadn't decided what to give up yet. I love Fraggle Rock, but don't watch it quite that much, so I don't think that's what Im going to give up. I actually am quite pathetic in my viewing of Full House reruns on Nick at Nite, so I think it might be a good time to give that up. Good luck with your Fraggle Fasting!

Frags

Reaction score
Hmm - I can sympathise with you - my rotten ol' flatmates confiscated ALL of my Jim Henson films - Fraggles, Labyrinth, Muppets - everything - for a whole week and I wasn't happy that week. So I wish you every strength possible.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Frogster said:
I'm a Catholic, and for Lent season, I'm doing the impossible... I'm giving up watching Fraggle Rock and listening to Fraggle Rock music. It's going to be hard, but I think I can do it. I have 81 episodes, and almost every night, I watch at least two to wind down for the evening... but not anymore. From now until Easter, I won't be seeing Gobo get a postcard, Mokey read a poem, Boober cooking, Red playing games, and Wembley... well, wembeling. This morning, I was already feeling the urge to watch The Honk of Honks! And it's a long ways until Easter... but I'll get there! :smirk:
If I can do it, so can you. :wink:

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
ahha, sounds hard, hope you can pull it off! good luck!

Frags

Reaction score
I really do admire anyone who can give it up until Easter - and anyways, you'll enjoy it all the more when you go back to it. Good luck to you.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Good Luck! I thought you had to give up sweet things or can you give up anything you choose?

CrochetinMokey

Reaction score
You choose what you want. It's supposed to be meaningful and pose a challenge for you to do it. Most people give up sweets because even though it's a challenge it's fairly easy to do. I'm doing an additional day without meat and every Friday I'm fasting.