Gladys Thread

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
I too loved Gladys! :smile: I loved her always wantin' to be a different animal than a cow, which she could never pull off. Great stuff!
no, she was "Proud To Be Cow!!!"

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
One time I was watching Plaza Sesamo, and there was this 80s sketch where, from what I could translate, Elmo wanted to be like Gladys, and was imitating her. I remember that she storms off disgusted when Elmo holds up a glass of milk. That is one of the few times I have seen Gladys since Richard died.

I sure would like to have seen that one in English. :frown: I also dig the sketch where Kermit and Gladys turn each other into ... well, each other. (Kermit with horns ... LOL :big_grin:)

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Originally posted by punkNpuppets
about the Elmo one - did he try to talk in her funny accent?
Wait ... to be more precise ... Elmo wants to be a cow in that sketch. It was funny to hear him go "MOOOOO!"

gladysthecow

Reaction score
She would always introduce herself by name too, I remember, as in "Yes, I am Gladys the Cow"

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
I saw some news sketch with Kermit interviewing Gladys trying to direct some movie with Guy Smiley in it on Plaza Sesamo. Also saw some sketch where Kermit starts some lecture and Gladys comes along in frog attire, trying to be Kermit. She puts cow ears and a bell on Kermit at the end. Its funny to hear her say "croak" lol. Her dubbed voice is suprising good especially on "Proud To Be A Cow".