Globe puppet Ideas

SesameKermie

Reaction score
I'm working on getting a puppet troupe set up at my church. Our first song is going to be "He's got the Whole World (in His Hands)." I was thinking that one of my characters for this performance is going to be a globe. I was also thinking of putting blinkers in it too. So my question is--Can this be done in foam and fleece, or should I look into Papier-mache' or other techniques. I want this puppet to stand up to the routine, but I don't want it extremely heavy.

Any ideas?

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Don't worry about papier mache not being up to the job. When properly made it's incredibly strong, durable and long lasting. A friend was working on a cruise ship that caught fire and then flooded. The papier mache puppets survived!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Paper mache is very strong and light, but not a good choice if you want the puppet to be flexible.

A sphere can be made by using eight wedges that are four times as long as they are wide. You can download a wedge pattern from here.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but my first thought was of Globy From Pee Wee's Playhouse, LOL.:embarrassed: