GMC Bike Scene - I was there

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Well, not really. But my family and I visited the park where they filmed it while we were in London last week (that's why I haven't posted anything in the last several days), and I wanted to mention that.

We flew in late Friday morning/early Friday afternoon, and we were all a little wasted from our flight. So after we spent some time hoofing around Piccadilly Circus and recovering at our hotel, we went for a nice early evening walk in Battersea Park, across the Thames from the hotel. It's a really pretty park, nice and green with lots of gardens, and it was a nice evening for a stroll.
As we walked, we got some ice cream and went strolling along the Carriage Drive, which runs the park perimeter. And that's where Jim and the gang filmed the great bicycle scene. The first part, with Miss Piggy and Kermit, was filmed along the South Drive, which had that row of townhouses across the street from it; Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter and the others probably joined in along the East or West Drive.
It was pretty cool; I was half expecting to see the Muppets come pedaling by us, and Jim, Frank, Richard and the others in among the trees. Really cool, and a good way to start our stay in London.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
No, no plaques or little tidbits of info on the park maps. We could tell that it was the place because we recognized certain landmarks from the film, like the townhouses, the soccer pitch in the middle and the boating lake where Kermit and Miss Piggy had their fight (the bike rental stand isn't there anymore, by the way), but there wasn't any mention of the film in any of the London guidebooks.