Goin' to the chapel...

Martha

Reaction score
Greetings, all!

Just wanted to share the happy news that last weekend, on a hiking trip up New Hampshire's Mount Washington, I got engaged! :smile: Chuck proposed as we were sitting outside the Lakes of the Clouds hut after dinner, watching the sun set over the mountains.

We are SO excited. We're thinking that the wedding will probably be next fall (2003). Lots to do, lots to plan!

Martha
Who's over the moon

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations Martha! We're so excited for you. May your life-long union be blessed and grow deeper every year.

So, HOW did Chuck propose?

Martha

Reaction score
Thanks, Phil.

Chuck got down on one knee, with the sunset behind him, and proposed.

It doesn't get much better than that. :smile:

Oh yeah -- I said yes, and nearly tackled him, and both of us were crying (with happiness, before any of you wiseguys imply otherwise). :smile:

No ring yet -- he didn't want either one of us to drop or lose it on the mountain! -- but it is forthcoming.

Wheeeeee!

Martha
Whose head is still up in the clouds

radionate

Reaction score
awwww, that's so romantic. SIGH!!

Congrats and best wishes for a long and happy life together!

Luke

Reaction score
Martha,

I am so pleased i could squirt !!!! Congratulations to you and Chuck on the forthcoming wedding shindig, and hope you have a blast inbetween now and then. I am intrigued as to what part the 'Euromup' penguin will play in these happy celebrations, personally i'd like to see him accompanying the bridesmaids !

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
WOW! Congratulations Martha! I am sooo happy for you. Be sure and keep us up to date with dates and such. We definitely don't want to miss it! :smile: