Reaction score
Hey Gang,
Just letting you know that I updated my webpage with pix
of Muppet recreations I made back when I was 15 years old and had very limited
resources. My link is in my signature.
Let me know what you think.

radionate

Reaction score
Those are great. I've never had the ability to create puppets like that, and it always broke my heart.

Good job on them, regardless of your age or resources. Are you still making any?

pdbooch

Reaction score
Hey Radionate,
Gonzo and Clifford are about 12 years old now. I made them when I was 15. I'm 27 now. Marvin and Audi's Dragon are a few months old and Audrey II is about 2 years old. I just recenlty got back into doing puppet making. I decided its what I should be doing. Thanks for the feedback.

BorkBork

Reaction score
I think they are so cool, and really charming. This proves that you can use whatever you want to make puppets, if you only have the will.

How did you make them? What did you use?

pdbooch

Reaction score
Hey Bork-Bork,
Clifford was made from an old pink t-shirt of my mother's that I "dyed" purple by taking watercolor paint and mixing it with water and brushing the purple onto the fabric. The hair is yarn that I unwound piece by piece to make it more dred-like. The sunglasses were from Pizza Hut which was a promo tie-in to the 2nd "Back to the Future" movie. (Wow I'm really dating myself here, hee hee!)

Gonzo was made from an old Grover puppet that was coming apart, so I used the fur from it on Gonzo. His nose and mouth were made from foam packaging that our Tandy computer came in a couple years prior. The eyes are ping-pong balls and his eyelids are foam covered in yellow felt.

thanks for the feedback!

radionate

Reaction score
Man, Tandy computers. I haven't thought about my old Tandy in a long time! LOL! My first computer!

What about the Audrey II? Thats a great little puppet too.

Luke

Reaction score
Gonzo and Clifford look really great for young fan recreations, but the more recent ones look excellent. Wow - some talented people hanging around here !

pdbooch

Reaction score
Hey Radionate,
I made Audrey II out of foam and then masked off areas on the head with tape and spray painted with yellow. Then I masked agian for the green areas with tape, to give it the "watermelon head" look. It wasn't all spray paint though. I also used a "spray paint" that is used for flower arrangements. I got that idea out of the "Foam Book," which has come in very handy.

By the way, the Tandy computer was awful! It did nothing but slight word proccessing!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by pdbooch
(Wow I'm really dating myself here, hee hee!)
That's insulting. I'm 30. :frown:

J/K---GREAT puppets!

FOZ