Gonzo and Rizzo on ESPN Sportscenter

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gonzo and Rizzo will be on ESPN's Sportscenter. Look for them throughout the show tonight.

If you miss the first airing it typically repeats throughout the night and tomorrow morning.

Let us know what you think of Gonzo and Rizzo when you see it!

Stulz

Reaction score
When are they on??

any idea at what part of the show their on?

Beginning? - Middle? - end?

Stulz

Reaction score
Nevermind

as I wrote that last post they announced that on next would be the Muppets... so at least for the 11pm airing they're on during the 1st 20 min.

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Chris,

Glad you got to see Gonzo, Rizzo and Jason Giambi on Sportscenter.

Here's an article that has Kermit and Gonzo that looks like it was shot at the same time. Apparently they were at Toys R Us and appeared on "Good Morning America" as well.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/n...11&content_id=184995&vkey=leftfield&fext=.jsp
It's pretty ironic that Kermit appeared at a Toys R Us; the toy chain is now refusing to carry the Palisades Muppet line of action figures due to poor sales. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I cannot stand sport shows. i mean, all they do is talk about the same scores, and whine about sports teams. It really gets on my nerves.

besdis the point, I have no cable, so I cannot see it. Shame! I love Gonzo and Rizzo.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman

Here's an article that has Kermit and Gonzo that looks like it was shot at the same time. Apparently they were at Toys R Us and appeared on "Good Morning America" as well.
There was actual Muppet appearences at a real life location? and on ESPN? And GMC?

Luke, is it me or is central Muppet intelligence about as lapsed as American CIA/FBI?

Btw, this is real cool(That Time Sq shopping spree news) Those lucky 50 kids, Kermit and Gonzo in person! wow. Is it me or do the Muppets fit quite well set against the backdrop of real life Manhattan(ie: MTM, Mastercard, etc) and not fake sets?

Stulz

Reaction score
???

Originally posted by murgatoad
It's pretty ironic that Kermit appeared at a Toys R Us; the toy chain is now refusing to carry the Palisades Muppet line of action figures due to poor sales. :wink:
Where did you get this info from?? Thier web site just posted the series 2 line, and any Toy's R Us I've been to has sold out of every figure except Mis Piggy and a few Playsets.. Is that poor sales???

murgatoad

Reaction score
Re: ???

Originally posted by Stulz
Where did you get this info from?? Thier web site just posted the series 2 line, and any Toy's R Us I've been to has sold out of every figure except Mis Piggy and a few Playsets.. Is that poor sales???

According to Tough Pigs.com, Palisades has been told that Toys R Us will not carry the series 3 line due to poor sales. None of the figures have sold well, not just Piggy.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Luke, is it me or is central Muppet intelligence about as lapsed as American CIA/FBI?
Yeah, i know - whats the point of the Muppets doing appearances when nobody knows about them in advance - that's terrible PR ! Also no heads-up on any Muppet website is a pretty sad state of affairs too.

I was saying that the Muppets should do a Time Square TRU appearance a while back and looks like it worked for them. I know Mastercard are a bigger fish but shame that couldn't have been done for Palisades - it might have helped things a bit. I hope maybe if Henson can see that the Muppets can get good press from store appearances we might see something for the action figures, plushes, videos or whatever. It's high time people actually were able to get out there and really meet the Muppets - it adds a whole new element to it all and would likely introduce a lot more people into the fanbase.