Gonzo and Rizzo or Rizzo and Pepe

Muppetplus

Reaction score
Do you prefer Gonzo and Rizzo or Rizzo and Pepe? Recently it seems like Rizzo and Pepe have been paired up more often. Although I see the two as a funny 'partners in crime' pair, I still don't feel the 'buddy-buddy' thing that Gonzo and Rizzo have. :concern::shifty::rolleyes:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Definitely Gonzo and Rizzo. I grew up with them as a team. Perfect chemistry in Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, and Muppets From Space.

I also loved that scene in Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie when they exchanged gifts.

Although, I DO like the Rizzo/Pepe pairing as well.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I dunno. I like the Rizzo and Gonzo dynamic more, but I'm a little tired of all the cliques where it seems like "this character can only be teamed with this character or maybe sometimes this character". I wish there were more cases where the Muppets are just interacting together, not just with one or two other characters

Redsonga

Reaction score
Since I was little I was never a fan of Rizzo..but given a pick I would take him over Pepe :smile:. Pepe has some funny jokes but I could see Rizzo doing the same ones pretty well...
Anyway, I actually like when Gonzo is paired with chickens or just the whole gang better than when he is with only one character :smile:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Yeah, Gonzo works best with poultry. :concern:

Actually, I was never a big fan of Rizzo either. I don't know... I guess he always came off as being sarcastic, a bit selfish, and generally unsympathetic when I was younger. I accepted him, of course. I laughed at moments in MCC that featured him, but he never really connected with me. It was only in the past year, really that he finally grew on me, sort of in the same way as it took me over a decade for me to finally understand Pepe as a character and for him to grow on me.

I never realized how sweet Rizzo could be and just how multileveled he is. Plus, there are times when he sounds so much like Whembly that I just can't help but to love him for it.:coy:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think I like Gonzo and Rizzo because their chemistry and friendship is perfected. I think Him and Pepe are great, but I need more time to evaluate them together and I think it'll work out.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I think it depends rizzo and gonzo are best buds and can be together when Gonzo isnt with kermit and fozzie,

but when he wants to cause trouble pepe is there

i love pepe and maybe its cause im spanish myself

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I'll go with Gonzo/Rizzo, because I think they have better chemistry.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Who I'd like to see Rizzo with...

I like both pairings and think we can have both pairings. Just like we have the Kermit/Piggy relationship and the Kermit/Fozzie relationship - I think Rizzo can work well alongside more than just one Muppet. Each relationship and chemestry is different (and it's not that one is better than the other).

I hope we see Rizzo (and the other Muppets) continue to work in all sorts of character combos. Rizzo and Rowlf made a fun team in the recent YouTube video. And I think teaming Rizzo with Piggy could provide some great comedy too.

I love the moments he's had with Gonzo (The Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, Muppet Classic Theatre, Muppets Tonight, Muppets From Space) and I love the moments he's had with Pepe (Muppets From Space, A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa). I hope we get to see more of both relationships, plus get to see more grow.

:shifty:

Muppetplus

Reaction score
I also agree that any muppet can be paired up with any muppet. With that being said, there are so many possible combinations...