Gonzo Photo Replica (in box) for sale

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
The puppetry studio I work with is selling a Master Replicas Limited Edition Gonzo Photo Replica that we have had in storage. These were produced in a limited edition of 2500 in 2008 as part of a series that also included Animal and Kermit:

We originally purchased this from a local comic book shop where it was out on display for awhile. Unfortunately, they did not take very good care of Gonzo and he is not in perfect condition (I was always intending to repair/restore him, but have not gotten around to it).

You can see the imperfections in these photos, the eyes, nose and mouth have some discoloration, as well there is a small stain on his shirt (which I am pretty sure can be removed with careful hand washing). Also, the reticulated foam in the mouth was torn somehow.

Included are Gonzo (obviously), the original box, display stand and a protective cloth. These usually sell for anywhere from $300-600 on ebay, but because of the condition of it we're asking for just $150 + shipping.

Issues not withstanding, he's still a very nice display piece. If you're interested or have any questions, just send me a PM.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Man o' man... I have wanted one of these Gonzos since I first layed eye on pics years ago. Really, really, really wish I had the money to buy him from you, but most sadly I do not. :grr:

Best of luck in finding a great new home for him. I'm sure it shan't be too hard. :concern:

muppetlover123

Reaction score
omg i want sooo bad :/ too expensive for me unless you could hold it til august... :frown:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Just FYI, the foam in the mouth is not damaged. Mine had the same thing with the upper palate right out of the box.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Just FYI, the foam in the mouth is not damaged. Mine had the same thing with the upper palate right out of the box.
Really? Thanks. That's good to know. In any case, it's not visible when he was on display. I literally didn't notice for two years until I was holding him upside down.

I think he's sold now, but thanks to everyone for the interest!