Gonzo's acts

Frogster

Reaction score
Gonzo's done lots of weird things on The Muppet Show, but what I'd like to know is that for some reason, his most famous act that's shown quite a bit is him being shot out of a cannon. My question is, was he ever shot out of a cannon in the show?

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
He caught a cannonball once. That was as close as I can recall him coming to getting shot out of one.

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
The long armed Gonzo would have been a great Palislades exclusive, ah well...

Frogster

Reaction score
If he was never shot out of a canon in the show, how did he get famous for that? Oh, well... I guess it's one of those things.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I think he was shot from a cannon on Muppets Tonight once. Seem to recall Gonzo flying through the studio like he was shot out of a cannon once on the show.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Hmmm. this is interesting. The Palisades series 3 (I think) Gonzo figure comes with a canon, and I'm pretty sure it's moddled after the Flying Zuchini Bros. Canon.
So what acts did Gonzo have? Maybe we can do this by process of elimination.
• He ate a tire to the tune of "Flight of the Bumblebee"
• He (attempted) to difuse an H bomb
• (as Mickey Moose pointed out) he caught a cannonball with his hand
Specifically I don't remember a lot of the other stunts. I recall balancing a piano, but I'm not sure whilst, and at the same time, doing what?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Whistling, I think. And walking a tightrope.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Hmmm. this is interesting. The Palisades series 3 (I think) Gonzo figure comes with a canon, and I'm pretty sure it's moddled after the Flying Zuchini Bros. Canon.
So what acts did Gonzo have? Maybe we can do this by process of elimination.
• He ate a tire to the tune of "Flight of the Bumblebee"
• He (attempted) to difuse an H bomb
• (as Mickey Moose pointed out) he caught a cannonball with his hand
Specifically I don't remember a lot of the other stunts. I recall balancing a piano, but I'm not sure whilst, and at the same time, doing what?
He also ran a motorcycle up a ramp and landed safely in the box between those two elderly gentleman.
Tap danced in a giant vat of oatmeal.
Hypnotized himself and held up a 5000 pound weight.
Wrestled a brick blindfolded.

That's all I can think of right now.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember Gonzo trying to do an act that featured a high platorm, a campfire, a tire swing, and a cow. He called it his INDESCRIBABLE act. But poor Gonzo never got to do it because he was booed off the stage the minute he appeared. :concern:

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
He had a sword fight with a crab, didn't he? I think he may have been reciting poetry at the time as well.

Then there was playing the bagpipes at the top of that wooden pole which the beaver chewed through.

[200 posts, where does the time go?]