Good luck trying to find KSY reasonably or renting it

beaker

Reaction score
I give up. In an attempt to see how bad KSY is fo rmyself(so people cant accuse me of pre judging) I went to all the local rental stores...no KSY. Well one had it on vhs, but its the dvd extras that would keep me from not being completely aggrivated...the vhs would just be a bad special marketed as a movie.

Ok, so I gave up on renting. What about buying? Oh man, Suncoast wants $28 for it! And BEst Buy and Walmart are locked in at $20. Sorry, but if actual Muppet films, Bear dvds, etc are $15, why would I pay $20 for something vastly subpar.

Lots not mince words here...KSY was a bad idea. And you know this because 1) There was virtually no promotion or hype for it, not so much as any merchandise or anything. I mean ya know somethings up if ya cant even find it to rent anywhere. It was nice hering about Smig seeing actual Muppets live(goggles and croaker) at the SDCC promoting it, but c'mon. Sounds like nothing more than a glorified Bean Bunny 1993 video special.

Ryan

Reaction score
Here's a tip:
rent the VHS. While the DVD extras are good, there's no real reason to go out of your way for them.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>rent the VHS. While the DVD extras are good, there's no real reason to go out of your way for them<<<

Well if it was a dvd fine, but for $5 Im not gonna go way the heck out to Egypt to some obscure Blockbuster to rent a vhs copy of KSY...as from what I hear the only reason to even view it is for the dvd extras.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I am too on a quest for KSY on DVD.

I haven't found it yet, and I haven't looked (maybe that's why I haven't found it yet. So far my "quest" has been announcing that I'm on a quest). I have found places to buy it, but not rent. But Jackie has told me that I must see the extras. She was right about the MTI extras, so I must rent this DVD!

The point of this story? Listen to Jackie!

radionate

Reaction score
I got mine at Wal-mart for just under 16 bucks. I think your attitude about this whole video/dvd needs an adjustment Corey!

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
The point of this story? Listen to Jackie!
But she hated it ? :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I got mine at Wal-mart for just under 16 bucks. I think your attitude about this whole video/dvd needs an adjustment Corey!<<<

I dont think so...if I know my bad Muppet specials/films, I know I dont wanna go out of my way and pay a bunch(well a bunch of money to me) for it. But like Emmy said, I so must see those extras...which from all accounts make up for the actual film.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
But she hated it ? :big_grin:
She did hate it.

But she loved the extras.

I just wanna see the extras...

:big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Corey

How can you 'know' your 'bad' Muppet films and specials when you haven't even seen it. If you are this uber hardcore geek you have been banging on about for years you'd know that Muppet fans have very different tastes - there are people who love MFS, people who hate it. It's the same with Swamp Years - you need to see it before slagging it off left, right and center buddy. Saying you aren't enthusiastic about something is fine but coming on the forum and flaming it into Mars is kinda well out of order because as a regular face here people might think you would have actually bothered to watch it before forcing your opinion on everybody else. I honestly do NOT know what you were expecting from this whole project in the first place - Henson have been totally honest about who this film was aimed at, and the kind of style they were taking right from the get go - if you sat at Muppetfest staring up Bears butt rather than listening to the presentation and came out thinking there were Frackles and Fraggle characters, and that this would be the next 'Muppet Movie' then you should go and live down a Fraggle tunnel. It's not clever - it's just insanely stupid. Your preconceptions were ill informed and off the map, now you are dissapointed before you have even seen it - so basically you've just spoilt it for yourself and are beginning to sound like a mad muffin to the rest of the people who have watched it and given their informed opinions !

beaker

Reaction score
>>>She did hate it.

But she loved the extras.

I just wanna see the extras...<<<

Same here! Why do I wanna go out of my way to rent a vhs copy somewhere in some Blockbuster, when all I really wanna do is see the extras?