Granny Fannie Nesselrode

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You could probably find who performed Granny Fanny Nesselrode over at punchandjewelry.com.
She appeared in the "Subway" sketch with Bert, Betty Lou, Kermit and a bunch of other characters.
There are a set of simple puzzle pieces made to teach the numbers 1-20 with a different SS character and a total number of items according to the number that character's got. Among these, Granny Fanny had the number 2 and had two motorcycles next to her on the second piece. I think that's because she was a sort of motorcycle-riding granny.
Hope this helps.

radionate

Reaction score
Hey Scott,

Thru all the cobwebs, I do remember her barely, and my gut is telling me that Jerry performed her. I have no basis for this though, just very sketchy memories long forgotten until now.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Scott,

Sorry i cant answer either, But i think she appears in Follow That Bird !

Chapter 3/ 0 05:46, Is that her too ?
Just as Big Bird crashes into the Trash cans.

When Big Bird finally gets home and he starts to tell everyone around him "I had such an exciting time...", Look to the window on the left.

Is that Granny Fannie Nesselrode ?

Does anyone have a good picture that we could use for the Sesame Street Encyclopedia, Or even a Screen Capture from the DVD?

Thanks

scarecroe

Reaction score
I lost the ability to take DVD screenshots a while ago on account of my screwing with my firmware, but I was able to take a picture.

Is this her?

And, oh! I never noticed Professor Nobel Price in the background just seconds before either!

Ryan

Reaction score
In Guy Smiley's "This is Your Life: Tree" Sketch, she was performed by Jim (well, voiced by Jim and performed by someone else, due to Guy being in the same shot)

scarecroe

Reaction score
Oh neat, so another female character that Jim voiced. Is this sketch on any of the commercially released tapes?

Also, this is the best I could do for the later shot in FTB since she's so darn far away, but it definatley looks like the same puppet as the one I posted earlier.

Ryan, is that indeed GFN?

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
She appeared in the "Subway" sketch with Bert, Betty Lou, Kermit and a bunch of other characters.
The same sketch where they sing the song "Subway"? Do we hear GFN sing in the song? I'll have to listen for it again on MC Radio.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
The same sketch where they sing the song "Subway"? Do we hear GFN sing in the song?
I might be thinking of the wrong thing. "Subway" as it appears on the "Signs!" LP is sung by The Pointer Brothers :smirk:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The Pointer Brothers? Who are these characters? Please inform me as to who they are, what they look like, and/or what their personalities are like.
Aside fromt that, the sketch where a group of SS characters sing "On The Subway" is one of the earliest memories from the show embedded in my mind. I believe that GFN does sing at least one line maybe, but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe you can find it on MC Radio or some other source. Hope this helps.