GREASE: YOU'RE THE ONE THAT I WANT! on NBC

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
GREASE: YOU'RE THE ONE THAT I WANT! premieres tonight at 8/7c on NBC!! There will also be a special edition of DEAL OR NO DEAL tonight at 7/6c in which the models will dress up as though they are from "Greaes" as a fan of the musical fro San Jose, California competes... hoping for a chance to speak with Olivia Newton-John (Sandy).

MGov

Reaction score
And you know the irony is, the song "You're the One That I Want" was written for the movie and isn't part of the Broadway score.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Wow, that just looked like it's gonna suck. Was it sucky? I bet it was sucky.

Daniel

BEAR

Reaction score
I watched it tonight and it was pretty lame. Why were the girls singing the Rizzo song when they are auditioning for Sandy. These people don't know what they're auditioning for and most of the ones picked so far are not even the Sandy type.

unclematt

Reaction score
I watched the show and I really liked it. Now I have grown up in a theatrical house and listened to musicals my whole life. Like I said I liked it. I like the whole concept of the show.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't like those judges at all. I don't enjoy these shows where all the judges are cruel just for TV shock value. That said, some of the contestants show promise. It would be interesting if they got a Sandy who was a different type than what we're used to.

unclematt

Reaction score
I thought Deja had a great voice. To bad she couldnt dance. It would be great to have an African American Sandy.

BEAR

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I watched the show and I really liked it. Now I have grown up in a theatrical house and listened to musicals my whole life. Like I said I liked it. I like the whole concept of the show.

I too have grown up watching a lot of theatre and musicals, and I continue too as I am in the theatre business as an actor, but I will have to disagree with you. I was not impressed with the show at all. It had a few interesting moments, but I didn't find it that great.