Greenpeace Blasts Decision to Exclude Tongass from Roadless Rule

Phantom

Reaction score
Beebers said:
Rather than start a new thread, I just wanted to also mention and remember Martin King, Jr., life and work. We're a better place and people because of him.

:cool:
I agree, but perceptions and mistrust are preventing the seed that MLK Jr. planted from flourishing. I have always tried to treat everyone with respect that is due any human being regardless of race, gender or any other descriptor. I think (and I'm not trying to impose my views on anyone) the world would be a better place if we keep that in mind. We may not always agree, but we should at least respect each other. It's up to us.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Phantom said:
If you are looking to find appropriate channels to register dissent on this issue, your congressman would be a good start.
I don't have a congressman. :cry: Up here we're forced to just sit uncomfortably and watch like things like this unfold like an anti-environmental horror film.

Well, that and act morally superior while making sarcastic comments. It's no wonder Pat Buchanan hates Canadians. :stick_out_tongue:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Beebers said:
Rather than start a new thread, I just wanted to also mention and remember Martin King, Jr., life and work. We're a better place and people because of him.
Thanks for reminding us about that Beebers. MLK Day is celebrated up here, but's it's not an official holiday (though it should be) and I had almost forgot about it because I am so busy.

I am doing an educational show in schools right now that deals with prejudice and conflict resolution and one of my characters in it has a monologue about Rev. King that is really touching. His "I Have A Dream" speech was arguably the most important speech in American history since Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.

He should still be with us today. :cry:

Beebers

Reaction score
Well, at considerable risk to my life and limb, I'm going to say something.

We have enormous clout and endless avenues of effectiveness in our set-up here. It's just up to us to employ them. Please, no one start, it's purely a statement of structural fact, that's all. It's meant as a positive observation in that: there's always hope, always, here, and that's where we are so fortunate.
Don't everyone start yelling at me; I'm running out of Siberian holes to crawl into, Beau is under the only lid I had and I'm inclined to leave him there, and it's cold outside.

Canadians can also contact our people, too, it's okay. More than okay. You can also borrow a cup of sugar anytime you want. (neighbor thing.)

(I enjoy your very well-written posts, by the way, Buck. If I could type I'd write good ones too.)

:big_grin:

Beebers

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Thanks for reminding us about that Beebers. MLK Day is celebrated up here, but's it's not an official holiday (though it should be) and I had almost forgot about it because I am so busy.

I am doing an educational show in schools right now that deals with prejudice and conflict resolution and one of my characters in it has a monologue about Rev. King that is really touching. His "I Have A Dream" speech was arguably the most important speech in American history since Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.

He should still be with us today. :cry:
Wow, that's significant work you're doing.
:cool: :cool: :cool:
That speech still delivers tears and chills to me every time. I was there, not there-there, I watched the broadcast as it happened and then over and over, we were living it every day, what a time those years were, OMG. We thought our country would just go right down the tubes and us with it, during the sixties. Work like yours is what keeps Martin King alive.