GREMLINS - a new movie?

Brooklyn

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this a bit, just for fun. I posted some thoughts on my blog, let me know in my comments what you think about it.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Is there an article about it anywhere? I mean, is there one really coming out or are you just saying that you would like for another one to be made?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I see. If they can get the right continuation of the story, I say why not?

Redsonga

Reaction score
*hee* That movie scared me :smile:. I hope if they make a new one they keep the cuteness of when they are 'normal', or else the movie would not have the same effect IMHO :\

wemblingalong

Reaction score
I love that movie! When I was I kid, after watching it, I went around and turned all the lights on in my house. Yes, I agree that it is scary Red. If there was another one though I would watch it! :scary:

Luke

Reaction score
I read a while back they had looked into doing a Gremlins 3, and would have done it as a CGI movie but upto a while back the people behind it were kinda ruling it out. There is a new advert out on TV in the UK though featuring Gremlins and the Gremlins theme, i think its for British Telecom and its done very well.

Brooklyn

Reaction score
I saw that spot, pretty cool - there is also a link to behind the scenes footage from it and not CGI! yippee.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I would honestly be very upset if they made a new Gremlins movie and used CGI. It's what lost a few points from me for Indy and the Crystal Skulls... part of the charm of the Gremlins is that they're all real and it looks fantastic!

Luke

Reaction score
I think the success of the ad spot using puppets from the original molds will be noticed by the rights holders. It was assumed for a long time it wouldn't work in todays media with puppets, but the ad spot clearly shows it does. Actually seeing something done with the puppets might make them realise and see it as some kind of test, i would imagine BT went through a lot to be able to use Gremlins after such a long time so i think it all would have been watched very closely by those who have a say in any possible Gremlins 3.