Grover and Kermit The Frog

ceecee

Reaction score
I just checked out "The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street" video from my library this weekend. It was a lot of filler material, but it did have a few great Grover/Kermit moments.

The premise was much like "A Celebration of Me" Grover video, where Kermit is being given an award (presented by Grover). Grover refers to Kermit as "froggy" throughout the video.

They just showed very brief clips of Kermit with teeth, ears, and a nose. But they showed the full clip with Grover trying to sell Kermit the weather machine, so that was good.

Ziffel

Reaction score
2 Grovers

Another Grover and Kermit sketch I remember had Grover picking up a very long ladder from one end and then walking it off to the left of the screen. As he was carrying it we continue to see the ladder moving and Kermit tells the viewers, "Now as you can see, this is a very long ladder." At some point Kermit turns to his left and shouts to Grover that he is finished with the lecture. Grover then appears from the RIGHT of the screen holding the other end and Kermit is astonished. (Even when Grover picked up the left side part of the ladder at the outset, you'd think Kermit would have been wondering how he could carry such a long ladder up in the air like that by himself!)

Pug Lover

Reaction score
There is one I recall,where Kermit has Grover walk up a long staircase.I can't remember exactly how this segment began,but I remember Grover climbing the stairs for a long time.He obviously walks up so high that the clouds start to float by.When he finally makes it to the very top of the stairs,he finds himself face to face with Kermit,who's sitting comfortabley at the top of the stairs.So Grover asks Kermit how he got there.When Kermit replies that he took the elevator,Grover faints and goes tumbling down the stairs.I think I remember Kermit then saying to us viewers,"Grover is now showing us the wrong way of going down the stairs".

Another one I recall,was one where Kermit and Grover are out in a country side setting,and Kermit wants Grover to make a horse and buggy match a picture Kermit displays of a farmer riding a buggy being pulled by a horse.But instead,a horse muppet ends up riding the buggy being pulled by Grover.

:smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I miss those interactions. That's why I can't wait for the regular version of Grover to come out as an action figure. I guarantee they'll be together lots. I'm thinking I'll need to buy another regular Kermit figure just to go with my SS Collection when that begins!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Another Grover and Kermit sketch I remember had Grover picking up a very long ladder from one end and then walking it off to the left of the screen. As he was carrying it we continue to see the ladder moving and Kermit tells the viewers, "Now as you can see, this is a very long ladder." At some point Kermit turns to his left and shouts to Grover that he is finished with the lecture. Grover then appears from the RIGHT of the screen holding the other end and Kermit is astonished. (Even when Grover picked up the left side part of the ladder at the outset, you'd think Kermit would have been wondering how he could carry such a long ladder up in the air like that by himself!)
Hey Ziffel, remember when Eb did that too?
Anyway, I'm glad people realize that Grover and Kermit were a great team before The Muppet Show. I would have to say that my favorite Kermit/Grover moment is the light and heavy lecture, where Kermit would pick up a feather, and a pingpong ball to demonstrate light, and then make Grover big up a piano and a boulder to demonstrate heavy. Grover then begs to do light, and Kermit do heavy, so Kermit then picks up large sandwich, and has Grover pick up a balloon, which then carries Grover away. It's a classic! And is actually seen of Play With Me Sesame. I also have to admit, before Elmo became such a glory-hog, that there were some great classic skits with Kermit and Elmo. My favorite is when Kermit was trying to take a package to the post office to send off, and Elmo kept getting in the way wanting to help Kermit. In the end, Elmo caused Kermit to be late, and the post office was closed.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Oh yeah!!! I remember many of these moments! Kermit and Grover have always been a great team! I'd say they're right up there with the Ernie and Bert duo! :stick_out_tongue: :frown: Which figures, because there's a key ingredient in the Fozzie and Kermit relationship, the Bert and Ernie relationship, and the Grover and Kermit relationship.
And that of course is Frank Oz and Jim Henson! :smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Hey Ziffel, remember when Eb did that too?
I sure do! Eb kept walking away in anger from Oiliver and then reappearing right away on the opposite side. Also brings to mind when the show started with Eb humming the Green Acres theme song and then he turns to the audience and says, "Dahling I love you but give me Park Avenue" in Lisa's voice!

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any Kermit and Grover episodes on the"Celebration of Me,Grover"DVD?

BEAR

Reaction score
Well...Kermit and Grover WERE best friends on Sesame Street.