Grover LOVES the ladies!!

BEAR

Reaction score
So have any of you ever noticed how Grover flirts with the women a lot? In the "Sing After Me" sketch he says to Madeline Kahn "You are looking highly attractive today." and then to Lena Horne he once said "You're a nice lady. You're a good kisser too." Its so silly. i don't know of any other character on the show that does this. Maybe the closest thing to it is Gonzo but he is on a different show. Its just especially funny coming from Grover I guess.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've noticed it, but I never really thought of Grover as the ladies' monster. I always assumed Grover simply said those things to draw attention to himself.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
He also seemed pretty infatuated with Suzanne Farrell ... :big_grin:

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I've noticed it, but I never really thought of Grover as the ladies' monster. I always assumed Grover simply said those things to draw attention to himself.

Initially, I think it is Frank Oz playing around and being cute. I don't percieve it as being like a ladies monster, i just think he likes to flirt with nice ladies that pay visits to the show. Like a little shy school boy crush or something.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Who is that? :confused:
Suzanne Farrell is a ballet dancer. There was a skit where Grover watched her dancing and tried to imitate her moves.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Maybe the closest thing to it is Gonzo but he is on a different show. Its just especially funny coming from Grover I guess.
I'm guessing their distantly related somehow. I mean they're both blue, furry Muppets with 'Gs' in their names and scratch voices and they both had a thing for Madeline. Lol.

Ernie101

Reaction score
I never really paid attention to it either, but now that you point it out and I think back it makes sense. I don't know if it is on purpose or not, I doubt it..but it's still funny.

I don't particularly remember Suzanne Farrell. Got an episode number or anything?

Ziffel

Reaction score
I remember one from the early 70's with Grover and Susan. Susan sang a song and encouraged Grover to sing it along with her. Some of the words were, "Smile and say, glad to meet you. Hope you are well. Happy you're here." At the end of the segment, Susan kisses Grover and Grover says, "Oh" in an embarrassed way. Susan giggles.
One around the late 80's had Grover and a woman who could sing really good but not sure of her name. One of the lines went something like, "Pick a pickled pepper." At one point she sings out, "Me Me Meeeeeeeeeee" and Grover says, "Showoff."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
I remember one from the early 70's with Grover and Susan. Susan sang a song and encouraged Grover to sing it along with her. Some of the words were, "Smile and say, glad to meet you. Hope you are well. Happy you're here." At the end of the segment, Susan kisses Grover and Grover says, "Oh" in an embarrassed way. Susan giggles.
One around the late 80's had Grover and a woman who could sing really good but not sure of her name. One of the lines went something like, "Pick a pickled pepper." At one point she sings out, "Me Me Meeeeeeeeeee" and Grover says, "Showoff."
I remember Lena Horn and Grover singing that, but not Susan.