Grover's angry lecture

mikealan

Reaction score
Grover: Hello there, everybody! This is your old pal, Grover. Yes and today I am going to explain to you about being angry. You know what angry is, do you? Well, I will tell you. Angry is one of the most powerful feelings of all time. And when you get angry, your cute little eyebrows go down. And so does your mouth. Also, your voice gets loud and you says things with that feeling like (yelling) "Get out of my way!" (calmly, to the viewer) You understand what angry meant? You do? Good! Now I am going to ask someone I see passing by on what makes his or her angry (a Hot Pink Anything Muppet little boy passes by) but wait! Here comes someone now! (To Hot Pink AM boy) Excuse me, little boy...
Hot Pink Anything Muppet Boy: Hmm?
Grover: I have a question to ask you. Do you know what makes you angry?
Hot Pink Anything Muppet Boy: I have no time for that right now, Grover. I have to get to school on time. Maybe later, okay? (walks off)
Grover: Maybe later. Oh, great. But there must be someone else I can speak to...(a Pumpkin Anything Muppet man passes by) Wait! Here is someone! (To Pumpkin AM man) Excuse me, sir, do you know what makes you angry?
Pumpkin AM Man: Sorry. No time for that. I have to take a bus to work on time. (walks off)
Grover: (brief grunt) OK. There is got to be someone I can speak to. (a little loud) There must be! (Farley walks by) Oh wait! Here comes someone. (To Farley) Excuse me, I have a question to ask you.
Farley: Well I don't have time for that now. I have to catch a bus to school. So long, Grover. (walks by)
Grover: OK. Bye-bye. (a little angry grunt) Hmmm! (to the viewer) I just hope someone else arrives on time so I can ask him or her a question...(The Count walks by) Oh wait! Someone is coming! Here comes one of my favorite friends, the Count! (to the Count) Excuse me Count,....
The Count: Yes?
Grover: Do you know what makes you angry?
The Count: No time for that, Grover my friend. I have to find things I have never counted before. I'm sorry. (walks off)
Grover: (little loud angry grunt) HMMM! Why isn't everyone responding my question on time? (Sully walks by) Oh wait! Here comes Sully! Maybe he gets to respond me back on what makes him angry. (To Sully) Hey Sully! Do you know what makes you angry?
(Sully shakes his head and has to walk off.)
Grover: (with a much little loud grunt, getting a little angry) HMMMM! He does not speak to me at all! And he does not get to know what makes him angry either! (a Lavender Anything Muppet woman walks by) Oh wait! Here comes someone! (to Lavender AM woman) Excuse me, m'am, do you know what makes you angry?
Lavender Anything Muppet Woman: I can't explain right now. I have to get to the hospital to find out how my son is feeling. Thank you for asking me. (walks off)
Grover: (beginning to get very angry with a loud grunt) HMMMM! THAT DOES IT! I AM GETTING ANGRY! AND DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY I AM ANGRY? NOBODY IS---(As Fat Blue walks by, he notices that Grover is angry)
Fat Blue: Say Grover, I see that you're getting very angry.
Grover: YES I AM! AND DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY I AM ANGRY?
Fat Blue: No time for that right now. I have to go out for lunch with my date. (walks off)
Grover: (beginning to lose his temper with a very loud grunt) HMMMMMMMMM! I AM GETTING MUCH ANGRIER AS USUAL! NOW DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT MAKES ME ANGRY AND WHY I AM ANGRY? THE REASON I AM VERY ANGRY IS THAT NOBODY IS ANSWERING ME BACK ON WHAT MAKES THEM ANGRY! AND NOW I HAVE THINGS TO TELL YOU ON WHAT MAKES ME ANGRY! FIRST I LOST THE GAME ON MY BASEBALL TEAM! SECOND NOBODY PAID ATTENTION AT ME! THIRD MY FRIEND BARRY RUINED MY ART WORK AT SCHOOL! (as he keeps getting angry, the ending music from the Invisible Ice Cream Cone sketch plays) FOURTH, I CAME TO SCHOOL LATE ALMOST EVERY DAY! AND LAST, MY FRIEND BERT STOLE MY HORSE FREDDY DURING THE BEAT THE TIME GAME-SHOW! I AM ANGRY! I AM VERY ANGRY AS POSSIBLE!

END OF SKETCH

Katzi428

Reaction score
Mike..that was cute with Grover:smile: . Kermit covered something like that on Sesame Street though. (I just didn't want you to get in trouble with any copyright laws:wink: )