Grover's Role

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
So, I think that's why Grover gets more sympathy than Johnson. Grover tries but Johnson just can't say a nice word and has a demanding attitude.
Yeah. It makes one wonder why Mr. Johnson doesn't just go to Charlie the owner to complain about the service. I understand how Grover feels since I work in a grocery store. There have been times when people would complain to me when things go wrong or their not satisfied or whatever.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Grover is basically the guy who lives to serve, only he's not good at it. He doesn't notice the poor job he does and is just proud he helped another soul. Plus, Grover has stated many reasons for having different jobs (such as paying the cookie bill or his belief in the hard-working American system).

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Yeah. It makes one wonder why Mr. Johnson doesn't just go to Charlie the owner to complain about the service.
No reason other than that's just how the script is written and Grover is more of the problem, though a few of the early one Mr. Johnson was a bit troublesome.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I agree with Beth here.
redBoobergurl said:
Food for thought - I'm an only and as a child I related quite well to Grover's need to please, sometimes there is alot of pressure on an only child because they are the only one, so they work super hard to keep their parents happy. So I saw a bit of that in Grover and some of that in myself as well.
I was the second child in my family. My sister was the first one and i agree with anyone who says that Grover i would say does for any child; only child to the 11th child. He enjoys trying to help others even when they don't need help or they figure it themself. I know that i would try to help others when they didn't need the help and even when they did and would either get in the way or figure it themself. So i would say Grover is the helper of Sesame Street. That's what i see in Grover.