Guess That Shape and Color

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was at a store today and saw a new DVD called "Guess That Shape and Color". I had read about this several months ago, on the first Muppet Newsflash Forum (though I think it had a different title listed). I didn't buy this DVD, but looking at the packaging and reading the description, it looks like it has two recent episodes on it: the Sesame Street Squares Game Show (I haven't seen this episode, but I've read about it) from, I think, season 35, and the Healthy Foods Game from season 36.I do not know if it has any classic clips on it or not. I looked at the performers listing, and it only listed modern performers, like Caroll Spinney, Kevin Clash, Tyler Bunch, Matt Vogel, and I think Fran Brill and Martin Robinson. No mention of Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson or Richard Hunt (then again, the packaging for Bert & Ernie's Word Play did not mention these performers, but at video did include classic skits with those performers).

So, has anybody bought this? Is it any good? Does it have any classic skits? Even though I am excited about the upcoming nostalgia box set, I hope that that does not stop Sesame Workshop from putting classic clips on new DVDs that are not part of the nostalgia set.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
I bought it for my daugher.

Yes, you are right.

What were once 2 free shows on PBS are now packaged into this DVD for 11.99: The Square Game episode from 2 years ago and the Healthy Foods Game from...this season?

Both star Elmo and Zoe, so you know what that means: NO OLD SKITS. What, are you klidding me? A Sesame Street DVD with Elmo and Zoe should automatically say: "No new skits, you numbskull!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
Both star Elmo and Zoe, so you know what that means: NO OLD SKITS. What, are you klidding me? A Sesame Street DVD with Elmo and Zoe should automatically say: "No new skits, you numbskull!
Does it have any skits at all, even if they are just recent? I looked at the DVD box when I was at a store today, and noticed that the running time is approximately 40 minutes, and I thought that the street scenes last 10-15 minutes each, which would only make it 30 minutes.

Even though it's a new skit from this season, it would have been great if it had at least included Oscar's version of Bein' Green.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Does it have any skits at all, even if they are just recent? I looked at the DVD box when I was at a store today, and noticed that the running time is approximately 40 minutes, and I thought that the street scenes last 10-15 minutes each, which would only make it 30 minutes.

Even though it's a new skit from this season, it would have been great if it had at least included Oscar's version of Bein' Green.

It includes:

The street scene with Elmo and Zoe and that game show host from the Square Game episode

then it goes to the Hip to Be Square Song
then it goes to some triangle song sung by Telly Monster (from the '80's?)

then it goes to the street scene from the Elmo/Zoe/Healthy Game show episode

Interspersed with these scenes are newly-videotaped segments from the Square Gameshow Muppet addressing the audience and asking questions about shapes and healthy foods.

Cherrymoon

Reaction score
This would be cool for my 2 and 3 yo.
I'm not sure if those who get the show for free would really want or need to buy this.

ILuVERNIE

Reaction score
I'm not a really big fan of Zoe so you probably won't see me buy it!

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Is there a clip of the sesame street squares that I could find on youtube?

Drtooth

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
The street scene with Elmo and Zoe and that game show host from the Square Game episode

then it goes to the Hip to Be Square Song
then it goes to some triangle song sung by Telly Monster (from the '80's?)

then it goes to the street scene from the Elmo/Zoe/Healthy Game show episode

Interspersed with these scenes are newly-videotaped segments from the Square Gameshow Muppet addressing the audience and asking questions about shapes and healthy foods.
Hmm... the new scenes and the 2 skits are interresting, but I would NEVER EVER buy this.