1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Guess the TV Show

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gonzo14, Apr 9, 2008.

1. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

It is Mama's Family
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

SWEET!

Alright my turn again!

Okay, this is a hard one...

1. This series, for the most part, was filmed in black-and-white, with the exception of its final season, and two special episodes half-way through the series' run.
  3. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

What years did it run?

Daniel
  4. D'Snowth

1. This series, for the most part, was filmed in black-and-white, with the exception of its final season, and two special episodes half-way through the series' run.
    2. Ran from 1950 to 1956.
  5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I Love Lucy? The Little Rascals? Leave It to Beaver? Bewitched?
  6. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

One guess at a time. Give everybody a chance
  7. D'Snowth

1. No, Lucy was from 1951 to 1957, and was black-and-white the entire run. 2. No, I never saw the TV version of The Little Rascals, so I wouldn't know anything about it. 3. No, Beaver was from 1957 to 1962 (I believe), and 4. No, Bewitched was from 1964 to 1972, and the first two seasons were black-and-white, while the rest of the series was in color.
    Multiples guesses are okay, but let's not get carried away, okay?;)

3. The series' co-star played four different characters during the series' run, including playing himself.
  8. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Was it a sitcom?
  9. D'Snowth

No.

3. The series' co-star played four different characters during the series' run, including playing himself.
    4. The series had a good sized ensemble cast of actors and actress who played various different characters through out the series' run.
  10. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Was it animated or live-action? Did it involve puppetry in any form?
  11. D'Snowth

Live action, but no puppetry whatsoever.

4. The series had a good sized ensemble cast of actors and actress who played various different characters through out the series' run.
    5. The show's star later went on to own a baseball team.
  12. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I am thinking the baseball team name or location would give the show away, am I right?
  13. D'Snowth

To tell the truth, I don't even remember WHICH team it was he owned anyway.

6. The show's co-star later married one of the series' ensemble actresses.
  14. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Was it popular with the masses or was it an underground cult hit?
  15. D'Snowth

Uh... not sure what you're asking, but yes, it was a popular show.
  16. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Was it the The Honeymooners?
  17. D'Snowth

Nope, that show didn't last long, this show had an average run.
  18. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I was asking: Did your average viewer like it or was it something only a few could enjoy in cult-like fashion (examples of the latter include Star Trek [for not your average viewer liked the show, though they have heard of it, I am sure] & Invader Zim [again, not your average viewer type of show, and only true fans of it understand it most of the time anyway], among others)?
  19. D'Snowth

Oh.

Then, yeah, the average viewer liked it, because...

6. The show's co-star later married one of the series' ensemble actresses.
    7. Was a western (that right there gives it away).
  20. D'Snowth

Any one else care to guess?