Guest Stars and Death

Sean Gaffney

Reaction score
Was looking at a page with Muppet guest stars and what they're doing now/when they died. Noticed:

1) Mummenschanz is still touring around the world, yes, but Andres Bossard, its co-founder and one of the performers on the Muppet Show, died in 1992. I'm not sure if the other two from MS are still alive; the current Mummenschanz page doesn't list them in the company.

2) Am I correct in thinking that a) Zero Mostel was the only guest to die before his show aired, and b) Zero and Peter Sellers were the only guests to die before the first-run of the Muppet Show ended in 1981?

--SG

Ryan

Reaction score
Originally posted by Sean Gaffney
Was looking at a page with Muppet guest stars and what they're doing now/when they died. Noticed:

1) Mummenschanz is still touring around the world, yes, but Andres Bossard, its co-founder and one of the performers on the Muppet Show, died in 1992. I'm not sure if the other two from MS are still alive; the current Mummenschanz page doesn't list them in the company.

--SG
Andres Bossard never worked on Muppets, besides being a guest with Mummenschanz.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Re: Re: Guest Stars and Death

Originally posted by Scooter
Andres Bossard never worked on Muppets, besides being a guest with Mummenschanz.
I think that was what he meant, Scooter.

-Kim

Gonzo

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you, but in watching one of those lame "year in review" entertainment specials, I was struck that Dudley Moore, Milton Berle, and James Coburn all died in 2002, and all three were Muppet Show guests; then again, 25 years after any given television series airs, I'm sure you could say the same thing.

The sad part is, I had thought Milton Berle died about ten years ago....

Quinnnnnn

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo

The sad part is, I had thought Milton Berle died about ten years ago....

Quinnnnnn
haha! i hate when that happens it's kinda freaky.....you think they're gone and then you see them again and it kinda scares me!

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
haha! i hate when that happens it's kinda freaky.....you think they're gone and then you see them again and it kinda scares me!
At least it's better with a celebrity than it is with someone you know/knew in real life...like a co-worker, friend, family member or something....

"I could have SWORN you were dead!"

Try not to sound disappointed about it when you say it, though.

Quinnnnnnn

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
At least it's better with a celebrity than it is with someone you know/knew in real life...like a co-worker, friend, family member or something....

"I could have SWORN you were dead!"

Try not to sound disappointed about it when you say it, though.

Quinnnnnnn
haven't done that...YET but i am sure i will.....and as for the disappointed part, don't worry. I'll be halfway to the floor in shock!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Your thinking is correct in regards to question #2, Sean.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole