Guest Stars

BAZ

Reaction score
So I'm watching a Muppet Show tape and started thinking "wouldn't it be neat if they did some of the guest stars from the show?"

Now I know that isn't going to happen, but I got looking at the figures and I think a 12" doll would be in almost the right scale. (may a bit small, but close enough).

So what 12" dolls are out there that are based on celebrities that have been on the Muppet Show?

So far I've thought of:
John Cleese (the Holy Grail figure)
Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker figure)
Chris Reeve (there was a Superman doll that looked like him)
Bob Hope (GI Joe did one)
There was a George Burns doll , but it was only 9"

Any others?

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Alice Cooper and Ozzy Osbourne made by McFarlane Toys

uncleduke

Reaction score
Sideshow Toys did a 12" Marty Feldman from YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN. And Neca has a 12" Vincent Price due later this month. Art Asylum has an 18" Alice Cooper. I am pretty sure Mego did a 12" Cheryl Ladd, back in the Charlies Angels days.
Sideshow is gearing up a James Bond line, with all the actors that played Bond, so mark Roger Moore. I am sure there are others, I just can't come up ewith them off the top of my head.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Aerosmith
Alice Cooper and Ozzy Osbourne made by McFarlane Toys
Ummmmm, I don't recall Ozzy ever being a guest, and if he was, I hope they kept a close Eye on Camilla!
:big_grin:

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
Don't forget Elton John!!

No, wait, that was Doctor Octopus... never mind.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Oh I was under the impression Ozzy was on there cause I just downloaded him and piggy singing born to be wild.

MhmmeeeMhmmee

Reaction score
heh...just thinking about Rita Moreno's "Fever" sketch with Animal on the drums...hehehe

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
This is just a wild guess, but I'm willing to bet there was a Lynda Carter/Wonder Woman figure at the time of the show's run.

There are also some companies (can't think of the name) who make detailed figures (of porcelain maybe?) of classic TV characters, so that could include Gomer Pyle (Jim Nabors), Edith Bunker (Jean Stapleton), Deputy Barney Fife (Don Knotts). This is all pure speculation though, I don't remember any of these figures existing, only that there's a reasonable possibility that at one time or another they were created.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Aerosmith
Oh I was under the impression Ozzy was on there cause I just downloaded him and piggy singing born to be wild.
They just sang together on an album, Ozzie was not on the Muppet Show.

There are also some companies (can't think of the name) who make detailed figures (of porcelain maybe?) of classic TV characters, so that could include Gomer Pyle (Jim Nabors), Edith Bunker (Jean Stapleton), Deputy Barney Fife (Don Knotts). This is all pure speculation though, I don't remember any of these figures existing, only that there's a reasonable possibility that at one time or another they were created.

There was a Don Knotts as Barney Fife action figure doll a few years back.

I believe there also was a Brooke Sheilds doll, wasn't there? And I know there have been many Sylvester Stallone Rambo dolls.

Thog

Reaction score
Yes that would be great. I have always wanted to have my very own Ethel Merman adventures.
She could battle He-Man
I could transform her into a Thunder Cat
She could take on Barbie
She could defend the world of all evil!
I would make her super hero outfits.
She could do Gypsy with Miss Piggy as Gypsy Rose Lee.

(But I'd rather have a talking Jerri Blank doll)

Dan

(who is very bored at work today)