Guilty Pleasure

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
What TV Show/ Book Or Movie that are for Little kids or Tweens do you enjoy

Ex: I love Spongenbob, Jimmy Nuetron,Fairly Odd-Parents On Nick! and Arther on PBS

Book wis i read the Unforatunite event books and loved the movie also love books from when i was younger

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
I liked all that you named but Arthur...never got into him.

MUPPETS, MUPPETS, MUPPETS....I LOVE MUPPETS!!!!!

I also like Bear in the Big Blue House and anything targeted to the 8+ year range.....people joke that I am still a kid. It isn't nothing for my husband and I to sit around and watch cartoons 24-7!

I read the Lemony Snicket books to I think #8 then they started getting too predictable so I put them down. The movie was terrible compared to the books in my opionion.

I may be 32 but the way I figure it...I am only 5 (3+2=5 hehehehehehehe)

ceecee

Reaction score
I enjoy "Little Bill" on Nickelodeon. It's just so cute!

I still watch "Mr. Rogers" and "Sesame Street" when I can. But I'm not usually home when they are on.

Oh- and I don't feel guilty about it either! :big_grin:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I too still watch Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers when I can. I also enjoy Arthur, I think they've done a good job in keeping with the books. I also like Bear in the Big Blue House and I love Veggie Tales.

With books, I still love to read a good children's book. I am very fond of the young adult series Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (and can't wait for the movie) and the worst guilty pleasure I'll admit to is that I still pull out some of my old Beverly Cleary, Judy Blume and Babysitter Club books to read every once and awhile, especially when I'm down and feeling kind of nostaligic.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Oooh, so many! I'll list a few: Jimmy Neutron, Sesame Street, Arthur on PBS, the Disney Princess collection (to an extent), Hey Arnold, etc.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Lets see, guilty pleasure... guilty pleasure... guilty pleasure....
<looks up>
Oh.
Well it's not so much books or shows, but...
You see on this shelf above my head here, I have... um... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5....
....22, 23, 24, 25... yeah, 25 teddy bears. And most of them have names, too. See there's Teddy, Annie, Brandy, Brandy II, Brandy III (now that's a little pathetic of me), Mr. Minky (he came with that name), Marky, Patchy, Snowy, Russy- or is it Rusty? Stripey...are you seeing a pattern here? (besides all the Brandy's) Yeah that's no accident, either...

Oh, and behind me, up in my closet... My porcelain doll collection. And while that's more of a sentimental-pack-rat thing than a guilty pleasure, well- they have names, too...

And let's not even start with my collections of sea shells, boxes, and tchotchkies... or my growing collection of turtles... well at least I haven't given any of those things names.

Yet.

RedDragon

Reaction score
two words POCKET DRAGONS

i have a growing collection of them. these things are so cute. and they're dragons. i also have a fast fast fast growing collection of fantasy books for all ages. i have a large collection of stuffed animals(no muppets i'm afraid(but i have many teddies too Lisa)). i used to collect pokemon card but not any more. and of course my collection of random art projects.

Jinx

Reaction score
I love Kim Possible. It's so well-written and the villains are truly entertaining as well as the heroes.

I was also a big fan of Fillmore, but they seem to have taken it off the air. I just loved how they turned trivial things like miniature golf into a crisis of near international proportions. It also had a kickin' theme song.

And I get a charge out of That's So Raven, more because of the actors than the material.

Really, ABC has a pretty swell Saturday lineup! :big_grin:

A couple of years ago I was buying Muppet Christmas Carol on dvd and the clerk said, "oh, your kids are going to love that!". I promptly and proudly told her that I have no children and that it was for me!

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Well,during the week,I try to watch SS;to see if new characters/puppets are on there,old songs redone,and basically how the recent format is.On the weekends I watch: Dora the Explorer,Blue's Clue's,Batman,Teen Titans.I don't have cable tv anymore,so I haven't got a clue what's on the cartoon network or Nick these days.