Had some Muppet moments recently

Brinatello

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this topic, so I decided to put it in here! Last Saturday was both busy and a blast for my mom, sister and I, and I wanted to share a few tidbits...Muppet-related, of course.

Our first adventure was the trek to Beverly Hills to visit the "It's Alive!" exhibit at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. The exhibit is featured in two areas, the Academy's Lobby (framed sketches/photos of the creatures) and then the fourth floor gallery (actual creatures/props/animals on display). We were amazed at the sketches, some of them drawn on things as simple as notepad paper! Some ideas for Jack Pumpkinhead were doodled on a manilla envelope! Next, we took the elevator up to the fourth floor to look at the creatures. Photography is allowed, but you can't use flash. I took pictures of Yoda, Aughra, Sir Didymus, Right Door Knocker, Billina (from "Return to Oz"), Aslan, and among others.

Next, we were given some rather awful directions from Beverly Hills to Studio City. We needed to drop my sister off at our friend's house and we were told to go a certain route that took us waaaaay into the heart of the rich and famous! I drove down that well-known street with the tall palm trees on either side and gorgeous mansions everywhere you look. I then made a wrong turn and got onto a narrow, winding road toward a dead end. I finally turned around and made my way to Ventura Blvd. that took us where we needed to be. Talk about sightseeing the hard way!

After we dropped off my sister, Mom and I decided to head to Hollywood Highland. Back on May 21, I was there with my sister when we had to pet-sit while our friend was at the Motor City Comic Con. We went to Hollywood Highland, parked in the parking garage and went onto Hollywood Blvd. to find Jim Henson's Star on the Walk of Fame. We found it and I got my picture with it! I had forgotten Kermit has a Star as well, so I went back with Mom to see if I could locate it. A map reads Kermit's Star is at 6801 Hollywood Blvd. I must have looked up and down that street ten times and I could NOT find it! Because it was so hot, we stopped at Disney's Soda Fountain and Studio Store to get an ice cream. It's located right next to the El Capitan Theatre. We plan to return to the El Capitan to see the "Pirates of the Caribbean" sequel on July 14, Mom's birthday. It's a crazy area, but I have never seen any movies at the El Capitan!

Next, we got in the car to head to Disneyland to spend a few hours there. We all have passports and go whenever we can. We hit Disney's California Adventure first at around 6:30 p.m. to do some attractions that are usually crowded during the daytime hours. We jumped in a 10-minute line for "Mike and Sulley to the Rescue" first.

After that, we decided to watch "Muppet*vision 3-D" right next door. Why not? I've seen the show many times but I never tire of it! We took the front row and throughout the show, this stupid girl sitting next to me was taking pictures with a disposable! They distinctly said NO flash pictures or photography of any kind! Not to mention the screen is blurry; the pictures would look horrible. She kept doing it up until Sweetums comes out while looking for Bean Bunny and it was then the Cast Member interrupted the dialogue to say NO flash pictures! Idiot girl... :mad:

The next night, or Sunday night, I decided to watch TMTM on DVD while Mom and I ate dinner. I worked 11 to 8 that night and was asked to come in to work at 4 a.m. Monday morning. I had to go to bed around 10:30 in order to get some sleep!

So, I'm off today trying to relax. Just wanted to share the few things we did this past weekend. The animatronics exhibit in Beverly Hills is small, but awesome to see, I hope I'll find Kermit's Star on the Walk of Fame ONE of these days, and "Muppet*vision 3-D" never ceases to entertain me!

K, that was long, sorries!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, sounds like fun! Seriously, to get that quantity of muppets would probably take me on average half a year! Californians have all the fun...