Haircuts

BEAR

Reaction score
I just caught some of today's episode and Bert and Ernie did a sketch where they sang the "pat your head, rub your tummy" song. They must have gotten hair cuts or something because their hair looked significantly shorter and less shaggy than usual. Thought it was funny.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's because they were shot in front of a green screen, some of the green shown through their hair, so when the inserted the background, some of the hair disappeared.

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
That's because they were shot in front of a green screen, some of the green shown through their hair, so when the inserted the background, some of the hair disappeared.
I don't understand how inserting a background on a green screen would chop of about a third of their black pointy hair.

That Announcer

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I don't understand how inserting a background on a green screen would chop of about a third of their black pointy hair.
I'll try my best to explain. When something is shot in front of a green screen, obviously the background must be inserted. To do that, some details are often removed. In this case, the details would be hair.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Exactly! During one of our pledgedrives last year, we tried not to cut out any details when one of our puppet's was shot on front of a greenscreen to show she was on vacation. In the end, it looked like she had green highlights in her hair!.

Mario

Reaction score
I just got a haircut, no green screen or nothing. I'm growing it out on top and cutting it short on the sides, very emo. Which is funny, because I'm not emo at all, and I smile and laugh like all the time. :big_grin: