Hallmark to Feature New Muppet Ornaments!!!!!

radionate

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

As some of you may or may not know, my family is a huge collector of Christmas Ornaments. My folks have collected them for as long as I can remember, and they've passed that gene to me as well. I also worked at a Hallmark store for four years, just to get my grubby little mitts on the ornaments early.

Well I got wind today something I had been told earlier, but didn't have any facts for yet. Kermit and Piggy will be featured in this years Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Collection.

Henson and Hallmark have always had a relationship over the years, and I guess this year they will return.

I've not seen pictures yet, though I'm searching, but I can tell you that I'm 99% positive they are figural representations, and there is a possibility that it is going to be an ongoing series.

If it is a series, Hallmark has a pledge that all ornament collectors series will run for at least 3 years, so you are guaranteed three ornaments in the series. Quite often they also come out with "compliments" to the series, and this might very well be the case.

Anyway, I'm rambling 'cause I'm excited. Beside the Muppets, there will be staples of the ornament line (new Star Wars ornaments, which I have seen and are fabulous as always, 3 new Dr. Seuss ornaments, 2 Snoopy ornaments and Lucy in her Doctor's Booth and lots more!!!)

Woo Hoo! :zany: I'll post more details as I find them!
:flirt:

radionate

Reaction score
It's no surprise here, but I just also found out that Carlton Cards will be issuing more Sesame Street ornaments this year. Actually, as of right now make that ORNAMENT. I've only gotten details on one S.S. ornament this year so far, and it will be Elmo.

They will have a slew of other great ornaments though, including more Broadway ornaments (2 Phantom of the Opera ornaments, and one from Oklahoma), Classic TV (Lone Ranger, more I Love Lucy, Milton Berle, THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY!!!!, etc), and Frank Sinatra (one of my favs) singing my favorite song, "New York, New York".

I'll have pictures and release date posted when I get them.

GWGumby

Reaction score
I'm definitely interested, so please do share the information when you get it.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hallmark's ornament will feature Kermit and Piggy. More info soon...

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
cool news! a series would be great! i don't know if they would do pepe or not but that would be cool! maybe the new show will be running the second year and it could help the line....get you minds out of the action figures for once guys;-)

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
yay i need ornaments for the mini tree i got this year to put in my room.... those would totally go with my rooms muppety theme

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
wow those are great! thanks for posting Phil and what a great artical Nate! it makes me mad at the end though...all we have is snow and cold weather here now, i'm sick of it!:grouchy:

what's funny is we have a fake junky tree in our basement reck-room, and we just took it down last week!! The real one we had up stairs went down right after new years as well as the other christmas deckor. umm and as i mean the fake tree came down...my younger brother just threw the whole thing into the dark spooky closet in the basement ornaments and all. they are the junky cheep ornaments. noone ever goes into the dark spooky closet anyways....:wink: my brother threw the tree in the closet the year before, so i guess it's now tradistion for him.

Zack)Rowlf the, i think everyone has a dark spooky closet somewhere in their house, right?:smile: Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Great article, Nate! The only thing I don't like is how Piggy looks. I also wish they'd expand to other characters in a series. Hallmark used to pair up with Henson a long time ago. I remember meeting Kermit (a guy in a costume) at a Hallmark store when I was 6. :smile:

MrsKalabash

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Great article, Nate! The only thing I don't like is how Piggy looks. I also wish they'd expand to other characters in a series. Hallmark used to pair up with Henson a long time ago. I remember meeting Kermit (a guy in a costume) at a Hallmark store when I was 6. :smile:
I agree - Piggy could look a *bit* better (needs more hair, and she looks better when more of her forehead shows IMO), but she still looks cute, and overall it's a **** cute ornament. I will definitely be adding it to my collection - a few years ago I got the Christopher Radko Piggy ornament, and it's beautiful.