Halloween (and Valentine's Day) Not Holidays?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
Yeah, like Christmas.....oops, I'm sorry, X-mas. Cause we are so politically correct in this country that we can't say Christmas anymore because it has the word christ in it.

Daniel
When I was a baptist, I was taught it was a sin to write "X-Mas" instead of "Christmas" because it leaves out Christ; but then when I became presbyterian, I was taught it doesn't really matter whether you write "X-Mas" or "Christmas", but since when were Americans not allowed to say "Christmas"? And what the heck DOES "politically correct" mean anyway? Anymore these days it's "this isn't politically correct", "that should be politically correct", "it's politically correct", what gives?!

Teheheman

Reaction score
A lot of hippie, liberal garbage personally. I think that in order for everybody to get along, we have to start teaching others that they can make their own friends no matter what they are or who they are. As long as parents teach their kids to do the right thing, no friend is bad. Don't mind me, I'm rambling, I'll think of something later.

Daniel

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Halloween started as All Hallows eve, which originated in new orleans. The belief was that on that day, all the evil spirits came out. So people dresses up to scare away the evil spirits.

Also, X-Mas, which someone mentioned, the X is the symbol meaning christ in Greek(?), so, technically, its really abbriviating it. But nowadays, it has become more of a politically correct form and lost its true meaning completely. (Gosh, I sound like a walking history textbook)